The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My UserGroup colors got messsed up...

2 posters

Go down

My UserGroup colors got messsed up... Empty My UserGroup colors got messsed up...

Post by lightwrker October 21st 2009, 10:45 pm

Hi! I hope I'm in the right place. I haven't had a problem like this before.

I have several different usergroups. I set them up with a different color for each.

Well, today, I needed to change the color of one of them and when I did, ALL of the groups changed to that color, including the Admin.

I tried changing the color a second time and all of the groups, including admin changed to THAT color.

So I eliminated having ANY colors for now.

But I tried to get at least the Admin's color back. I went into my CSS for the color of the Admin. I saved that again. I then went back and clicked YES to have it show.

But it is still with no color...

I don't know what happened. Can anyone help me?

http://CommunityCashRewards.forumotion.net

I don't know what other information to give you here...

If you need more, ask and I'll keep checking this to see if any have been posted.

Thank you very much, in advance, for your help!

lightwrker
lightwrker

Language : English

Back to top Go down

My UserGroup colors got messsed up... Empty Re: My UserGroup colors got messsed up...

Post by kirk October 22nd 2009, 4:02 am

is it all the groups showing up as different colors or is it members from other groups showing up as the color.

the only thing i can think of is that you have the groups order out of sync.
you want to have the numbers of the groups starting from the top of the list as 0 then 1 2 3 etc....

this is very hard to explain but i have had something like this happen before and i had to fix the groups order to fix the problem.

so make sure the groups are in the right order.. and if you can provide screen shots that would be a big help too
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

My UserGroup colors got messsed up... Empty Re: My UserGroup colors got messsed up...

Post by lightwrker October 22nd 2009, 4:37 am

Hi, Kirk! You are the BEST!!

I played with the numbers, as you suggested. And all the colors are correct now, except for the admin and the moderators. For some reason, they have to be the same color.

They are the only two specified in my CSS. So I have played with the colors there. But it doesn't seem to matter. Whatever the mod color is, the admin is the same.

If you have any further ideas, I'd love to hear them. But I could live with it this way, if I had to. It's MUCH better since I followed your advice.

Thank you for your time and expertise.

lightwrker :wouhou:
lightwrker

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk October 22nd 2009, 4:42 am

yeah once again this can be a hard one to explain. i remember i went nuts figuring this out when i first got a forumotion forum back in the day. Smile
make sure your admin is at the top and the mods are after them.
and you should be able to change the colors ok.. change the color in the group setting done pay attention to the css. you can just take that code out.

and make sure you are showing the color in the group settings too
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by lightwrker October 22nd 2009, 6:26 am

Well, I moved my mods up under the Admin, but it still didn't change anything. Admin is at the top.

I have the CSS file colors matching what I am asking in the Group section...

So, I guess I will just keep playing with it. But for now, Kirk, it is MUCH better than it was earlier today and I have you to thank for that!

I appreciate you and what you do here!! cheers
Thanks again for your help!

lightwrker
lightwrker

Back to top Go down