The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adding (editing) Custom Template problems...

3 posters

Go down

Adding (editing) Custom Template problems... Empty Adding (editing) Custom Template problems...

Post by Fenclan October 31st 2009, 11:24 am

Does anyone has a problem with adding (or editing) a cusomized template and finding out, that it doesn't load?

I'm trying to add the needed lines for some of the newest features (as Typlo reccomends in his announcement post for the newest 25 features) to already customizes templates, but after the "save" and "publish" phases, the newest templates doesnt't loat at all; even if I make one with the exact content of the original template and save it as a custom one - the problems is the same - the customized template doesn't load, as if it is not existing! :/

Any thoughts?
Fenclan
Fenclan

Female Posts : 14
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Adding (editing) Custom Template problems... Empty Re: Adding (editing) Custom Template problems...

Post by Jalokim October 31st 2009, 11:39 am

If you are missing templates, like for example I don't have (posting_new) then you shouldn't worry.

Typlo said that if the template doesn't appear at all then its not needed on your forum.

Make sure you are accepting your template settings!
when you press save you have to go back to the templates menu and press the green plus. make sure it says published next to your template.

If your template still doesn't work, you can load the default template.
Copy your customized template in a notepad... then select the template that doesn't want to load... and press the red X... confirm the deletion of the template!

then edit the template with part of your customized one saved on a notepad.

when you delete your template the new update is automatically added.
All you have to do is add any extras that you had made in your template.

I had to do that for a couple templates... just deleted them and recoded my addons
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

Back to top Go down

Adding (editing) Custom Template problems... Empty Re: Adding (editing) Custom Template problems...

Post by Fenclan October 31st 2009, 11:52 am

Deleting the customized template! DONE
Open for editing the default one and saving it without any changes!
Publishing the templete. DONE
Result: the newly published template doesn't seem to load!

Currently I'm using phpbb2 and trying to customize the "posting_body" template and when trying a customized version of it - it doesn't load.
Fenclan
Fenclan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim October 31st 2009, 11:55 am

can I ask for a link to your forum.

when you delete a template you don't have to open it again...
if its deleted it has its default code loaded.

what are you trying to update?
the description and image resize?
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenclan October 31st 2009, 12:09 pm

Seems I have an idea what is going on... partialy at least...

After reviewing the content of the newly published "posting_body" template, the code seems like cut off after that part:
Code:

//$(function(){
   $('.postbody img').not('.signature_div img').css('display','none');
});
$(window).load(function(){
   $('.postbody img').not('.signature_div img').each(function(){
      if ( ( $(this).width() > {switch_image_resize.IMG_RESIZE_WIDTH} && {switch_image_resize.IMG_RESIZE_WIDTH} != 0 ) || ( $(this).height() > {switch_image_resize.IMG_RESIZE_HEIGHT} && {switch_image_resize.IMG_RESIZE_HEIGHT} != 0 ) ) {
         $(this).before(document.createElement('div')).prev().click(function(){
            return false;
         }).addClass('resizebox gensmall clearfix').append(document.createElement('div')).children().addClass('resize_border clearfix').append(document.createElement('div')).children().addC

I am trying to update the description feature for topics.

Here is a link: lindorian.forums-rpg.com
<hr>
PS. I know I still have to update other templates for the "description of topics" feature to work, but don't want to do that in case I wont be able to use what is currently published.
Fenclan
Fenclan

Back to top Go down

Post by ImProviser October 31st 2009, 12:11 pm

I've had the same problem, that appears from time to time, and i switched to invision because of it... Waiting for invision template editing Love

EDIT: Jalo as you're watching this topic i would like to report CSS bug about length of CSS (if you switch off default invision CSS, and post it as custom, it will be cut off, and you can't add new parts nor edit default > please give that info to typlo or someone Very Happy)
ImProviser
ImProviser
Forumember

Male Posts : 617
Language : Serbian, English, Deutsch

http://www.team-xenon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim October 31st 2009, 12:34 pm

hmmm...

well if the code is being cut off that is bad.
I know my CSS gets cut off once in a while.

In that case I'll report this to the techies...
@improviser... I've mentioned the lengh of the css being to short to typlo a while ago.

cheers
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenclan October 31st 2009, 12:56 pm

Thanks for the support. Cool

I am hoping the problem to be solved soon! Very Happy
Fenclan
Fenclan

Back to top Go down