The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Members are randomly able to ban/edit warning bars

5 posters

Go down

Members are randomly able to ban/edit warning bars Empty Members are randomly able to ban/edit warning bars

Post by Guest November 1st 2009, 10:44 am

Uhmm this is quite weird really. A few users have been able to ban/change warning bars on other users. But then randomly they dissapear and reappear again. I assume this is a bug?

Back to top Go down

Members are randomly able to ban/edit warning bars Empty Re: Members are randomly able to ban/edit warning bars

Post by Sanket November 1st 2009, 10:47 am

Did you check for the permission of who is allowed to change the warning bars?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Members are randomly able to ban/edit warning bars Empty Re: Members are randomly able to ban/edit warning bars

Post by Guest November 1st 2009, 10:51 am

Yep, it's set so that only Mods can.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket November 1st 2009, 10:56 am

Are you as a user on your forum able to change it? I mean if you have a normal member account, with that?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 1st 2009, 11:02 am

I just tried and the answer to the test account is no. However, it apparently goes on and off when they can and can't.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronie_iz_BaD1 December 12th 2009, 5:04 am

Guest wrote:Uhmm this is quite weird really. A few users have been able to ban/change warning bars on other users. But then randomly they dissapear and reappear again. I assume this is a bug?

Yes same problem with me, but I have found a solution
change it to be shown in messages only
and keep an account of members whose warning levels you have to increase and decrease
and when at a time you have the least member on your forum,
activate it to be shown in profile also and quickly do the changes that you have to make in their warning levels
and then again set it to messages only
hehe (:
I am doing this here
what if I don't have the permanent solution.
Ronie_iz_BaD1
Ronie_iz_BaD1
Forumember

Male Posts : 78
Language : english

http://ronieizbad.net

Back to top Go down

Post by harantony December 12th 2009, 12:20 pm

The same problem is happening to me, too! :/
harantony
harantony
Forumember

Male Posts : 47
Language : English, Greek, French and German

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket December 12th 2009, 1:30 pm

Users & groups>Profiles
hit the Members are randomly able to ban/edit warning bars Editer button corresponding to warning bar
Who can modify the profile field value ?: Check only moderator
Save.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronie_iz_BaD1 December 13th 2009, 2:25 am

yes, I did that and when it appears in profile all can modify, they just put the appropriate warning bar for them and instead of validating there they click save in the end of profile page and it gets saved Sad
Ronie_iz_BaD1
Ronie_iz_BaD1
Forumember

Male Posts : 78
Language : english

http://ronieizbad.net

Back to top Go down

Post by harantony December 14th 2009, 6:07 pm

yeah
harantony
harantony
Forumember

Male Posts : 47
Language : English, Greek, French and German

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket December 14th 2009, 6:20 pm

Link to your forum please?

are you sure those members are not in your mod group by mistake?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxPayne January 27th 2010, 4:19 pm

I have the exact same problem but for newly registred members.
All users can change the warning system bar during registration because the warning level bars are displayed. So I would like to know how to hide that warning system so that it does not show up during registration. In this way I want to prevent that new members can change the bar to banned for example.
Thanks
MaxPayne
MaxPayne
Forumember

Male Posts : 90
Language : English, German, Italian, Romanian, French

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket January 27th 2010, 4:48 pm

Click on modify corresponding to that profile field.
Then Make i Obligatory for registration: Check No
Save.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxPayne January 27th 2010, 6:19 pm

Sanket wrote:Click on modify corresponding to that profile field.
Then Make i Obligatory for registration: Check No
Save.

Thanks Sanket but I couldn't find that option. Maybe you meant "Necessarily Filled"? But in that in case it delete the system from all profiles. Are you sure that the option you mentioned exist?
Could you please describe me where I can find it?
Thanks again
MaxPayne
MaxPayne
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket January 27th 2010, 6:24 pm

Necessarily filled ?: No
Thats what i meant. Yes, that shall remove it from there while registering. But it could be edited in their profile.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxPayne January 27th 2010, 7:02 pm

Sanket wrote:Necessarily filled ?: No
Thats what i meant. Yes, that shall remove it from there while registering. But it could be edited in their profile.

Thanks but where can I find it? I went to User&Groups, Profiles, modify Warning System and I still can't see it. And I'm on advanced option. I only see "Type", "Name", "Description", "Url icon", "Necessarily filled", "Preview", "Display Type", "Who can modify the profile", "Display this field for users that are at least.." and "Separator".
PS in the "Display this field for users are at least.." I enabled it for members only so no guests and still no luck.
MaxPayne
MaxPayne
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk January 28th 2010, 5:28 am

well it sounds like everyone is doing it right. let me go through all the settings just to double check to make sure yous or sanket dint miss anything.
but sanket pretty much said all the options for this.
so this might be one for the admins to request a tech?
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxPayne January 28th 2010, 11:22 am

kirk wrote:well it sounds like everyone is doing it right. let me go through all the settings just to double check to make sure yous or sanket dint miss anything.
but sanket pretty much said all the options for this.
so this might be one for the admins to request a tech?

Maybe it's because I'm on phbb2 ?
The warning system wasn't included I've found a tutorial here on how to create. I'm made it as a profile field option and added the warning images. Maybe there is another way.
MaxPayne
MaxPayne
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxPayne January 29th 2010, 11:52 am

My forum doesn't have a warning system included. That's why I created it as a profile field. Is there another way to make it like the reputation system for example?
Thanks
MaxPayne
MaxPayne
Forumember

Back to top Go down