The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

moving messages and updating the forum

4 posters

Go down

moving messages and updating the forum Empty moving messages and updating the forum

Post by Urpo November 15th 2009, 6:00 pm

How can I move one message to another forum on another category without setting a new subject? I would also like to know, how to update my forum. This possibility is not launched on my forum.
Urpo
Forumember

Language : Suomi

Back to top Go down

moving messages and updating the forum Empty Re: moving messages and updating the forum

Post by Tilum November 15th 2009, 6:05 pm

I do not understand either of your questions, the first, do you mean a topic or a post? The second, what do you mean "update" your forum?

~ Tilum
Tilum
Tilum
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1759

Back to top Go down

moving messages and updating the forum Empty Re: moving messages and updating the forum

Post by kirk November 15th 2009, 7:16 pm

actually i need to know exactly what you want to move where.
it can be confusing doing it the first few times of doing it.

because you can split post and send somewhere under a new title. or you can merge threads or separate post to another. so you will have to explain whats being moved where.

or check this out over here too this will explain everthing you need to know.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Urpo November 15th 2009, 8:19 pm

By updating I mean this:NEW UPDATE : 25 fresh functionalities for your pleasure!

I don´t want to move post under a new title. I want to put it under already existing title on another forum. Is this possible?
Urpo
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Mehtevas November 15th 2009, 8:20 pm

yeah, you just click the move topic button and than select where you want to move it
Mehtevas
Mehtevas
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2114
Language : Currently, I am receiving support requests by P.M. Support requests, which can, and should, be done in the support section.

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk November 15th 2009, 11:38 pm

Urpo wrote:By updating I mean this:NEW UPDATE : 25 fresh functionalities for your pleasure!

I don´t want to move post under a new title. I want to put it under already existing title on another forum. Is this possible?

have you done any template editing. if so save what ever you added to your templates in a not pad. then delete the template. after that you can go back and put what ever you added to your templates back.
if you never did any template editing then you have nothing to worry about the updates are already there.

or at least they should be.. if not there might be a couple things you have to do but it depends.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Urpo November 16th 2009, 7:52 am

I have not done any templates and no updating has happened. What would those a couple things to do be?

Kinky, I can move the topic, it is very simple, but I want to move some certain posts to another topic on another forum.
Urpo
Forumember

Back to top Go down