The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

upload folder with images

3 posters

Go down

upload folder with images Empty upload folder with images

Post by MrGammonGo November 16th 2009, 4:17 pm

Hi,

i have a little complicated Problem. Iam running a Backgammon Forum and the members needs the possibilty to post Positions in their posts. Most of the time there is the GnuBg software used to generate the Positions for the Forums. Problem is now, that the Software generates the html code, which you can copy to forums and then an image (Position) will be displayed. But this code needs an folder called images where parts(small images) of the different Positions are stored. In other words the generated html code from the Software needs the folder images to generate then the Position image.
The software also generates this folder images, but i have to upload it one time, that the display of the Positions is working. It has only to be uploaded one time than all posts which uses Gnubg can use this one time created folder images to display the Positions.
My question is now where or how can i upload this folder images, that all posts has also access to this folder.

Thanks in advance for you help
MrGammonGo

Language : English

Back to top Go down

upload folder with images Empty Re: upload folder with images

Post by kirk November 16th 2009, 6:32 pm

you cant.
you should just create a sticky on a designated board where the images will be displayed.. make an announcements saying this is where they are.

as far as everthing else your explaining up there i have no clue. but i do know that you will not be able to get the images displayed in every post. unless you add or edit them in there your self manually.

you can add them to an html page and place the link in the navbar if you wanted too.. so hopefully that helps. but honestly i do not understand what you mean accept that you want the images in every post.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by typondis November 17th 2009, 9:53 am

So....I'm guessing there's no way to attach files? I sure ain't found nothin in a search on it.
typondis

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk November 17th 2009, 7:29 pm

what find of file?
you can attach and image link or links.
but if you want to put a file then you will have to upload it to a file host like.

http://zshare.net/
http://www.rapidshare.com/
http://www.megaupload.com/
more here
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by typondis November 17th 2009, 10:25 pm