The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Linking to specific boards from other sites?

2 posters

Go down

Linking to specific boards from other sites? Empty Linking to specific boards from other sites?

Post by Spitball Sparky Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:24 pm

I have a website independent of forumotion and I'd like to link to a board on my forum, but not have that forum appear on the board index. I copy the address and make a link to it on my website, but when other users try to access it, it doesn't work. It works for me, though.

Basically, I want a board that is invisible (but everybody can post on it) on the forum index, and only make it accessible through a link on another website. A "secret" board, if you will.

Right now the link just loads forever and usually gives some errors with cookies.
Spitball Sparky

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Linking to specific boards from other sites? Empty Re: Linking to specific boards from other sites?

Post by Spitball Sparky Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:19 pm

I'm bumping this, 'case I still need help.
Spitball Sparky

Back to top Go down

Linking to specific boards from other sites? Empty Re: Linking to specific boards from other sites?

Post by kirk Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:23 pm

sparky you need to explain this better i am completely lost.
Basically,you want the board invisible (but everybody can post on it)????

where is this board that you want invisible.. and you can have a board hidden but if the members are unable to view they will not be able to post unless you relink it off an html page or something like that? i think i know what you mean but you have to explain this a lil better.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Spitball Sparky Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:55 am

Basically what I want is to have an invisible board (blog forum) and I need the only way to access it to be from a link from another website (regular site, not a forum).

My problem is that for some reason, the URL for individual boards does not seem to work when I use them to link to the forum from another site.

It's hard to explain, but I think that covers it.
Spitball Sparky

Back to top Go down

Post by Spitball Sparky Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:26 am

So there is no help for this kind of problem?
Spitball Sparky

Back to top Go down