The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to assign minimum posts to view a board?

3 posters

Go down

How to assign minimum posts to view a board? Empty How to assign minimum posts to view a board?

Post by TheDarkChaser December 22nd 2009, 4:10 pm

I want to know how can I assign a minimum post to view my board? For an example I have a board namely General Topics, only a member(s) who has 10 posts can view General Topics.
TheDarkChaser
TheDarkChaser
Forumember

Male Posts : 96
Language : English

Back to top Go down

How to assign minimum posts to view a board? Empty Re: How to assign minimum posts to view a board?

Post by Suecra December 22nd 2009, 5:35 pm

You need to make a rank,If the user has 10 posts s/he automatically gets that rank,and can enter that forum.

AdminPanel>Users/groups tab>Rank administration>New rank>minimum posts:10>special rank:no>color:If you want(I don't care)>then make the forumfor people In that group/rank.
Suecra
Suecra
Forumember

Back to top Go down

How to assign minimum posts to view a board? Empty Re: How to assign minimum posts to view a board?

Post by TheDarkChaser December 23rd 2009, 2:07 am

oh thanks for early response I've been seeking it from the whole forum but I can't see it..
TheDarkChaser
TheDarkChaser
Forumember

Male Posts : 96

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket December 23rd 2009, 7:06 am

Ranks has got nothing to do with permissions of viewing a forum.

Create groups with the auto subscribe feature such as group x , minimum # of posts 10.

Then give permissions for only that group to view that forum.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down