How to assign minimum posts to view a board? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
3 posters

How to assign minimum posts to view a board?

TheDarkChaser
    TheDarkChaser
    Forumember

Male Posts : 96
    Language : English

How to assign minimum posts to view a board? Empty How to assign minimum posts to view a board?

Post by TheDarkChaser Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:10 am

I want to know how can I assign a minimum post to view my board? For an example I have a board namely General Topics, only a member(s) who has 10 posts can view General Topics.
    Suecra
    Suecra
    Forumember

How to assign minimum posts to view a board? Empty Re: How to assign minimum posts to view a board?

Post by Suecra Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:35 am

You need to make a rank,If the user has 10 posts s/he automatically gets that rank,and can enter that forum.

AdminPanel>Users/groups tab>Rank administration>New rank>minimum posts:10>special rank:no>color:If you want(I don't care)>then make the forumfor people In that group/rank.
    TheDarkChaser
    TheDarkChaser
    Forumember

Male Posts : 96

How to assign minimum posts to view a board? Empty Re: How to assign minimum posts to view a board?

Post by TheDarkChaser Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:07 pm

oh thanks for early response I've been seeking it from the whole forum but I can't see it..
    Sanket
    Sanket
    ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Post by Sanket Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:06 pm

Ranks has got nothing to do with permissions of viewing a forum.

Create groups with the auto subscribe feature such as group x , minimum # of posts 10.

Then give permissions for only that group to view that forum.