The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Only Topic]Bandwidth exceed photobucket error?

+6
Awais_aslam
crysis992
airforce12
statecollegemustangs
Sanket
roan^^
10 posters

Go down

[Only Topic]Bandwidth exceed photobucket error? Empty [Only Topic]Bandwidth exceed photobucket error?

Post by roan^^ December 27th 2009, 9:27 am

I dont have servimg acount yet. And please lo0k at my forum ***EDITED BY USER
An error has occured, it says bandwidth exceed photobucket? What is the probelem? I dont have servimg acount yet. I that for free? I dont kn0w what to do. Im n0t familiar with hosting.

Made a Only Topic.

Last edited by roan^^ on December 27th 2009, 5:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
roan^^
roan^^
Forumember

Male Posts : 91
Language : English/Pilipino

Back to top Go down

[Only Topic]Bandwidth exceed photobucket error? Empty Re: [Only Topic]Bandwidth exceed photobucket error?

Post by Sanket December 27th 2009, 9:31 am

Is that Jalokims skin? If yes then there is a chance of retrieving the image.
If not i would suggest you to install a new skin. because whoever uploaded that skin his account's limits have exceeded.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down

[Only Topic]Bandwidth exceed photobucket error? Empty Re: [Only Topic]Bandwidth exceed photobucket error?

Post by statecollegemustangs December 27th 2009, 9:49 am

so what do i do, if i need to use that skin, i cant access those images anymore..
statecollegemustangs
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket December 27th 2009, 9:53 am

Nopes, you cannot.
Thats the reason always upload images used on your forum to your own account.

If you were using Jalokim's skin, there are hopes of getting those images back after a while. Can't be sure if those skin are of a different user.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by airforce12 December 27th 2009, 10:20 am

I've got this problem to!
airforce12
airforce12
Forumember

Male Posts : 281

Back to top Go down

Post by crysis992 December 27th 2009, 11:27 am

Upload the all images that the skin use to YOUR servimg account. and yes you have a servimg account.
login at servimg with your founder email/password that you used to create your forum. Then upload all images that your forum use. You still can see the pictures if you click at the direct link. you can find the links in your CSS.

Example for your header. I found this link in your css file:
https://2img.net/h/i191.photobucket.com/albums/z301/lastfmbadges/thememotion/mid-1-1.gif

upload this picture to your servimg account and replace the new link in your CSS.
Its much work. Or wait until next month then the bandwidth will be resetted.

sorry for bad english Embarassed

crysis992
crysis992
Forumember

Language : German

Back to top Go down

Post by roan^^ December 27th 2009, 11:33 am

Yap,,, its a jalokims skin....that im using.

Ok I will change to another skin. And I will not use jalokims anymore. Its a phpbb3.. I dont care if I will not retrieve other uploaded images before.

So what if I will use other skin, Is it OK to upload my image on tinypic.com and then post it to my forum? Is it OK Not to use servimg anymore?
roan^^
roan^^
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Awais_aslam December 27th 2009, 11:55 am

Thank s Alot For the Info :wouhou:
Awais_aslam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket December 27th 2009, 12:04 pm

The problem is with photobucket & not with tinypic or servimg.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by roan^^ December 27th 2009, 12:12 pm

The account is the problem? So jalokim's themes are expired in photobucket? So it has an error? Is that Right? sorry Sir im not that familiar with servimg image hosting..

One more question sir.. My forum contains images of Natures from my members cameras.. So What they did is they uploaded the images on tinypic.com Then upon posting on my forum This is what they post [ img]**URL**[/img ] So we see the images.. Is it OK to do that sir ?
roan^^
roan^^
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Draconian December 27th 2009, 12:53 pm

We have had the same issue with one of our graphic designers. One uses Servimg, one uses tinypic and the other uses photobucket. All of his graphics from pb kept getting the bandwidth error. We've recommend he change image hosting sites (as we mainly use tinypic nowadays). Now we are without the problem Smile Tinypic is hugely simple and esy to use!
Lady Draconian
Lady Draconian
Forumember

Female Posts : 126
Language : English, German, French

http://www.musesofmetal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by roan^^ December 27th 2009, 2:19 pm

I just want to know if it will affect the forum image bandwidth if we will use tinypic to show image on members post?
roan^^
roan^^
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Draconian December 27th 2009, 2:23 pm

^^ It shouldn't effect the image at all Smile
Lady Draconian
Lady Draconian
Forumember

Female Posts : 126
Language : English, German, French

http://www.musesofmetal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissielein December 27th 2009, 4:55 pm

@crysis992

So, what I have to do is this:

I go to my CSS sheet, find all used images; cut the image codes and host them on sev-thingy, then copy the new image codes back into my CSS sheet.

Yes?
Krissielein
Krissielein

Female Posts : 4
Language : German, English

http://isuckatcss.forumieren.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by phoenixx December 27th 2009, 5:31 pm

How can I get rid of the image that says "bandwidth exceed photobucket"?
Should I change the whole theme or I can just do something about that?
phoenixx
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket December 27th 2009, 5:33 pm

Best thing would be to install other skins from hitskin.com
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissielein December 27th 2009, 5:54 pm

This may be a stupid question... if I install a new skin, do I loose all my settings?
Krissielein
Krissielein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket December 27th 2009, 5:55 pm

You will loose modifications done to the looks of the forum such as added links etc via pic management. But the basic admin panel settings won't be lost.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissielein December 27th 2009, 5:58 pm

*wibbles and is scared*
Krissielein
Krissielein

Back to top Go down

Post by phoenixx December 27th 2009, 6:02 pm

Krissielein wrote:*wibbles and is scared*
Me too. Is there any other way??
phoenixx
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket December 27th 2009, 6:04 pm

Well there isn't really.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by phoenixx December 27th 2009, 6:07 pm

*crying*
phoenixx
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissielein December 27th 2009, 6:10 pm

I second that [Only Topic]Bandwidth exceed photobucket error? Smiley_emoticons_heul
Krissielein
Krissielein

Back to top Go down

Post by scottynoooo December 27th 2009, 8:03 pm

Well if im honest its pretty crap. What has this happend to the images? If i had known before then i would of saved the files.
scottynoooo
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by statecollegemustangs December 27th 2009, 8:39 pm

scottynoooo wrote:Well if im honest its pretty crap. What has this happend to the images? If i had known before then i would of saved the files.

Yeah this does suck, we should have got warnings.
statecollegemustangs
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by roan^^ December 28th 2009, 4:31 am

@sanket
My problem is now fixed. Because i changed to a new themes. So to prevent this problem from happening again, i have to transfer all my forums image logo, icons, and buttons to my own file hosting account (fileden), and then copy their directlinks and use it and replace the old one!
Am i right? So it will not expire anymore..

Last question! I already create my servimg account and change the password to new one.
I can see the host an image icon [diskette icon] above the quickreplybox. So d0es my members can also use that image hosting upon posting of their image?
Will it expire?
How many Memory capacity all in all we can upload?
roan^^
roan^^
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket December 28th 2009, 8:15 am

roan^^ wrote:@sanket
My problem is now fixed. Because i changed to a new themes. So to prevent this problem from happening again, i have to transfer all my forums image logo, icons, and buttons to my own file hosting account (fileden), and then copy their directlinks and use it and replace the old one!
Am i right? So it will not expire anymore..
Correct.

Don't understand your last question.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down