The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No e-mails...

4 posters

Go down

No e-mails... Empty No e-mails...

Post by Menos January 2nd 2010, 2:27 pm

My forum doesn't show the e-mails of the members... Not even mine..
You can only see them when you go to the profile of the member..
I went to Profile Management >>> Profiles >>> Contact fields...
Checked it to "Profiles + Messages" pressed "save" and it automaticly saved to "No choice"....
What am I doing wrong? Sad
Menos
Menos
Forumember

Male Posts : 383
Language : Greek, English and Slovak

http://cbrxx.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

No e-mails... Empty Re: No e-mails...

Post by Darren1 January 3rd 2010, 1:05 am

Hello,

To view the emails of your members you have to do it via your admin panel.
Admin panel >> Users & Groups ( Tab ) >> Search users > Search for the member/s you want to view, hit the edit button and view their email address there.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Agenda January 3rd 2010, 1:16 am

For security purposes, users' e-mail address are not displayed in their profiles or anywhere on the public pages of the board. The only way to see their e-mail address "publically" is to e-mail them using an e-mail client software (if the user allows it). Using the client software their e-mail address will have to placed in the "To:" field of the message.

If you want to allow your members to publically display their e-mail, you can create a text field for their profiles. Go to Admin Panel > Users & Groups > Profiles > Click on the No e-mails... Ajouter.

Select the Text Field option (it should be that by default), type in a name for the field (required) and in the description, you should inform your users that they can place their e-mail address here if they want it publically viewable by others.

You can set permissions for the types of users that can view this field. For added security, I would recommend disallowing Guests to see this field. Wink
Agenda
Agenda
Forumember

Male Posts : 172

Back to top Go down

Post by Menos January 3rd 2010, 6:36 pm

When I used phbb3 it showed them anyhow....
Even on this forum you can see everybody's e-mail on the right....
Since I started using "Invision" I dont have the e-mails shown anymore....
Why do I have to go thru all this trouble when other forums have the e-mail showing as a standard feature.....
Menos
Menos
Forumember

Male Posts : 383
Language : Greek, English and Slovak

http://cbrxx.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalliopi January 3rd 2010, 8:10 pm

I have never been on any forum that shows people's e-mail addresses and I am member of quite a few & have using the net for 6 years.

If I joined a forum & they showed my e-mail address I would insist of having my account deleted off that forum immediately. I do not want complete strangers being able to e-mail me and my e-mail address harvested by the spam bots.
Kalliopi
Kalliopi
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 January 3rd 2010, 11:07 pm

Oh, I see what you mean, a little something like what my profile has?

Just go to your profile (In the navigation bar) and go to preferences and change "Allow members to email me" = Yes or No, pending on what u want.
You can't force it for all users, u can only edit your profile, thus u cannot change it on the behalf of the members.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down