The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Optimizing my forum to the next level :)

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Optimizing my forum to the next level :) - Page 2 Empty Optimizing my forum to the next level :)

Post by TR January 3rd 2010, 4:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

Greetings,
I own the forum TRForums.com. I'm happy with our development, art, and layout- But I'd like to optimize it and launch some new features into the skin. Generally, I'd like to upgrade it so it looks better.

I don't have alot of experience with CSS, so I was wondering if someone could help me out with implementing some effects from other forums. I'm thinking of switching to PunBB, but I'd like to have the rounded corner effects that this forum has for categories. Would that be possible?

In addition, I was wondering if the navigation/searchbar on this forum like this. Would it be possible to implement something like that?

And finally, I'd like to optimize my forum a little more so the Banner doesn't overlap the page when the window size decreases, as well as Avatars as so forth.

=I own the whole Adobe Creative Suite CS3, have alot of Design Experience in Photoshop, and a sbscription to Lynda-So I defiantly have any needed resources. Any help would be appreciated; Thankyou!
-TR
TR
TR
Forumember

Language : English, Gamer

Back to top Go down

Optimizing my forum to the next level :) - Page 2 Empty Re: Optimizing my forum to the next level :)

Post by ankillien January 9th 2010, 3:09 pm

May be, try with important tag...

Code:
#pun-navlinks {
padding-top : 100px !important;
}
ankillien
ankillien
Energetic

Language : English, XHTML, CSS, JS, PHP, SQL

Back to top Go down

Optimizing my forum to the next level :) - Page 2 Empty Re: Optimizing my forum to the next level :)

Post by TR January 9th 2010, 7:14 pm

That worked, and I can just adjust the "100px" line to say how far down I want it, right?

Anyway, thankyou for all your help Smile! Do you know anyone that might know how to remove that blue line?
Also; These were the headers I wanted rounded: (And also, would you happen to know how to remove that title line?)

Optimizing my forum to the next level :) - Page 2 PastedGraphic-150
TR
TR
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by ankillien January 10th 2010, 3:43 pm

When I visit your rest forum, I see the blue titles are rounded corners. I think its your browser problem. Try upgrading your browser. Note that IE doesn't support rounded corner code.

I don't have any idea why the blue line is appearing. I'll look into your CSS later. I am away for few days.
ankillien
ankillien
Energetic

Language : English, XHTML, CSS, JS, PHP, SQL

Back to top Go down

Post by TR January 10th 2010, 5:11 pm

Alright, thankyou for all your help. Smile
TR
TR
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by isnanz June 9th 2010, 2:07 pm

nice
isnanz
isnanz
Forumember

Male Posts : 206
Language : Indonesian

https://help.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2