The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

adding in "thread posted it'. also a widget problem

3 posters

Go down

Solved adding in "thread posted it'. also a widget problem

Post by purebladeknight January 16th 2010, 6:25 am

im looking to put "the thread they posted in" under the last post column. Rather than just the timestamp and the user. how would i go about doing that?

also, when i turn on widgets, my categories/forum list gets squished. how do i fix that?

thanks.

Last edited by purebladeknight on January 17th 2010, 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
purebladeknight
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: adding in "thread posted it'. also a widget problem

Post by Jophy January 16th 2010, 4:24 pm

you can do it in latest topic widget.

it's normal that if you put widgets, the size of categories/forums on the index will change or will change their position depending where you place some of the widgets
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by purebladeknight January 17th 2010, 5:59 am

i know that you can do it in the latest recent topics widget but i want it out where the forum index is.

also i want the widgets to only take up one side not both sides because turning on the widgets causes the index shrink both sides and leaves a big space behind on the right.

thanks for your suggestion though

to clearly explain my widget problem:

my "Width column 3 (right) :" is 0 pixels which should give back the room it took away from my forum index but its still taking up that space and squishing my index even though there is no widgets in it.
purebladeknight
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by purebladeknight January 17th 2010, 11:57 am

okay after playing around i was kinda able to "fix" the problem with the widgets, it turns out if you put the widgets on the left side column(180pixels), the right hand side column(0pixel) then the right side has a massive gap but if i reverse that and make the right side the widget column like what forumotion has done then the threads/index arent squeezed in.

now im still stuck on the problem with inserting the "last thread posted in" field into the index where the last post column has the "timestamp and user" in it.

i found it.!!!! this is solved
purebladeknight
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by ankillien January 17th 2010, 3:25 pm

Solved > Locked
ankillien
ankillien
Energetic

Language : English, XHTML, CSS, JS, PHP, SQL