The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how can u add facebook icon to profile

5 posters

Go down

how can u add facebook icon to profile Empty how can u add facebook icon to profile

Post by DStog January 25th 2010, 2:04 pm

and when u click it it goes to your facebook URL

like this :

how can u add facebook icon to profile Msnqn110
DStog
DStog

Male Posts : 5
Language : English

Back to top Go down

how can u add facebook icon to profile Empty Re: how can u add facebook icon to profile

Post by kirk January 26th 2010, 8:44 am

what you want to do is go to.

Admin panel>user groups>profiles>contact fields.

scroll down and click on the green + icon

type in the name(facebook)
then add the description.

for you url icon.. upload the facebook icon you have to an image host and place the url link there. that is the image that will appear.

necessarily filled. i would say no. unless you want force all new members to put a facebook address in there upon registration? so that's up to you. i would just let the members decide not everyone wants to share there facebook.

for preview you can have it in both or just one.. i would do both.

for Display this field for users that are at least = members.. i would not allow guest to see it. but thats up to you as well.

and for contact i would just leave it blank. then hit save.

then after that you can put up an announcement or news letter informing your members they can now add there facebook url to there profiles if they wish..
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

how can u add facebook icon to profile Empty Re: how can u add facebook icon to profile

Post by D February 6th 2010, 9:51 pm

I have done this but was here searching because I have a question about it. Although we can do that, how can we actually get it show on our profiles.Under pictures management there is no way to add these graphics in there.Under buttons,they have skype yahoo msn etc but no facebook and no way to add it there so its not showing up on profiles.
D
D
Forumember

Female Posts : 59

Back to top Go down

Post by The Stunner February 7th 2010, 12:24 am

I followed each of those steps and it doesn't appear on messages or the profile.

It does show when you edit a profile. I put in my facebook url, save, and it's blank when I go back to check on it.
The Stunner
The Stunner

Male Posts : 11

http://nlwl.darkbb.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by D February 7th 2010, 1:17 am

yep it only shows when you go to edit profile,I believe this is because we cant add to Buttons under picture management.
D
D
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by rreeff February 7th 2010, 1:56 am

Thanks to share this information
rreeff

Language : usa

Back to top Go down

Post by D February 7th 2010, 2:00 am

If someone has a way, please let us know!!!!
D
D
Forumember

Back to top Go down