The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post Box Size and more...

2 posters

Go down

Solved Post Box Size and more...

Post by Absylus February 7th 2010, 5:39 am

I have three questions...

First question is, is there a way to set the post box size (the thing I am typing in right now) to be vertically larger?

Second question is, is there a way to base Ranks off of Points instead of Posts?

Third question is an awkward one, but... what exactly are we "paying" for this free service? Is there supposed to be ads or something on our forums? I'm not complaining or anything of the sort, I'm just totally astounded at how detailed and advanced; yet totally free; these forums are. It seems to have everything most people would need (aside from being able to freely install and switch skins, which isn't that important anyways), but I don't see exactly what sort of service I'm giving in return, be it ads or some other method of returning the favor. Do our forums just stay ad-free for a month and then they get loaded with them or something? I see some links to the Forumation site at the bottom right of my forum, but those are nothing... I'm just confused at how convenient this is, is all.

Thanks for any help.
Absylus
Absylus

Male Posts : 3
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Post Box Size and more...

Post by ankillien February 7th 2010, 5:46 am

Hello,

1) I need a link to your forum to help you out at this.
2) You can't set rank base to points. You need to do it manually.
3) Forumotion may put their advertisements on your forum anytime.
ankillien
ankillien
Energetic

Language : English, XHTML, CSS, JS, PHP, SQL

Back to top Go down

Post by Absylus February 7th 2010, 6:21 am

ankillien wrote:Hello,

1) I need a link to your forum to help you out at this.
2) You can't set rank base to points. You need to do it manually.
3) Forumotion may put their advertisements on your forum anytime.

For #1: The box is working fine, I was just wondering if there was an easy way to increase the size of it so you can view more of your message as you're typing it. If it's more than a few clicks away then don't worry about it since it's not that urgent, but thanks anyways.
For #2: How would I go about doing it manually? Is it relatively easy or does it take some knowledge? I have programming experience, if that helps at all.
For #3: Okay that sounds right.

Thanks for the info so far. Smile
Absylus
Absylus

Back to top Go down

Post by ankillien February 7th 2010, 6:25 am

1) I can help you to increase the text box size but 'll need a link to your forum for that.

2) Doing it manually won't require any extra knowledge. You just need to set all ranks as special ranks so they won't be changed as per posts. After that you can change a member's rank manually from Admin CP when he achieves particular amount of points Very Happy
ankillien
ankillien
Energetic

Language : English, XHTML, CSS, JS, PHP, SQL

Back to top Go down

Post by Absylus February 7th 2010, 7:51 am

ankillien wrote:1) I can help you to increase the text box size but 'll need a link to your forum for that.

2) Doing it manually won't require any extra knowledge. You just need to set all ranks as special ranks so they won't be changed as per posts. After that you can change a member's rank manually from Admin CP when he achieves particular amount of points Very Happy

Ah, I get it for #2.
As for #1 don't worry about it, it's not a big deal.

Thanks again for the info. Smile
Absylus
Absylus

Back to top Go down

Post by ankillien February 7th 2010, 10:47 am

Glad I could help Very Happy

Solved > Locked
ankillien
ankillien