The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please help trying to buy domain name

3 posters

Go down

Please help trying to buy domain name Empty Please help trying to buy domain name

Post by trulyhench February 28th 2010, 12:34 am

I purchased credits to buy a domain name but for some reason the credits are in my account but the domain name ain't registered or anything.

I've decided to but it else where so I can move it later if I wish but I'm being asked for nameservers I have searched this but not really got much help from the replies. I'm just after knowing what to put in the two boxes????

Is it www.forumotion.com or my current forum domain name?

Please help me I would like to get this sorted so I can start promoting my forum.

Cheers in advance.
trulyhench

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Please help trying to buy domain name Empty Re: Please help trying to buy domain name

Post by Darren1 February 28th 2010, 1:44 am

Hello,

if your purchase your domain through forumotion, you can take it elsewhere if you wish, you just need a transfere code from Typlo Wink

This tutorial may prove helpful Smile
https://help.forumotion.com/frequently-asked-questions-f5/redirect-an-extern-domain-name-that-you-own-to-your-board-t7021.htm
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Please help trying to buy domain name Empty Re: Please help trying to buy domain name

Post by Ronie_iz_BaD1 March 2nd 2010, 9:13 am

If you know any forumotion forum that has bought a domain name, you can find the who.is of it on the net and there you will find the nameservers given to that URL. so those will also be the nameservers you will need.
Ronie_iz_BaD1
Ronie_iz_BaD1
Forumember

Male Posts : 78
Language : english

http://ronieizbad.net

Back to top Go down