The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

{ +USERNAME+ } is not working?

+4
MrMario
Cool-processor
kirk
Foe
8 posters

Go down

{ +USERNAME+ } is not working? Empty { +USERNAME+ } is not working?

Post by Foe March 5th 2010, 5:38 pm

When I add { +USERNAME+ } to my templates, nothing appears, there is no 'foe' at the spot i placed it. Am I doing stuff wrong? bwi I know the + are not supposed to be there, but it seems the code interfered with de site...

Last edited by Foe on March 10th 2010, 7:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Foe

Language : Dutch

Back to top Go down

{ +USERNAME+ } is not working? Empty Re: { +USERNAME+ } is not working?

Post by Foe March 9th 2010, 8:35 pm

bump
Foe

Language : Dutch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 11th 2010, 7:15 am

Where exactly did you put that code? Question and wich is your forum ?

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk March 13th 2010, 5:11 pm

I'm with MaNkY on this one.

Can you please explain in more detail.
thanks
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 14th 2010, 7:01 pm

I not understand where you put that code and I not understand where you want to appear that code ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Cool-processor March 14th 2010, 8:07 pm

oh man please give us more info about that. :/
Cool-processor
Cool-processor
Forumember

Male Posts : 724
Language : HTML | CSS/3 | JQuery

http://www.creative-labz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario March 15th 2010, 3:37 am

That code is not suppose to be in the templates. Those are suppose to be placed with your HTML codding you have on your forum.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by Behaviour??? March 15th 2010, 8:20 am

could we do that in posts if HTML is enabled in forums?
Behaviour???
Forumember

Language : English

http://dungeons.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 March 15th 2010, 11:50 am

Hello,

I'm sorry but BBCode such as the username code will not work in the templates, no matter what you do.
If you activate HTML in posts, it will will not work Wink
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by Data2link March 16th 2010, 2:49 am

That has been sencored- and as you can see if you use it they are calling you an inappropraite name. I feel that you guys need to change it to a "Nicer" saying. Just stateing that it is not appropriate will get the point off, Instead of making people mad. I have PM'd Typlo about it and am hoping to get a reply soon. Smile
Data2link
Forumember

Female Posts : 272

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk March 16th 2010, 4:41 pm

i dont even understand what it is Foe is asking.
Is he saying that members are creating accounts with inappropriate user names? if thats the case what would that have to do with any code? bbcode,css,html or template? it would have nothing to do with any code.

You can try to add to the word censors.. and if that dose not work for user names upon registration.. which i do not think it will because the word is being blocked there for they would not be able to register.

like say

smart*** or what ever the replacement word was.. so what ever the replacement word is that is what there username would become so i am not sure if the word censor would work for members registering with censored words.

my suggestion would be to just have it so you approve all members first. if you see a member with an inappropriate user name then dont activate them.

but like i said i dont really understand what the question is.
he kind of threw me off with this whole code thing?
----------------

Data2link wrote:That has been sencored- and as you can see if you use it they are calling you an inappropraite name. I feel that you guys need to change it to a "Nicer" saying. Just stateing that it is not appropriate will get the point off, Instead of making people mad. I have PM'd Typlo about it and am hoping to get a reply soon. Smile

pm typlo about what? now your confusing me even more.
Members have to explain in as much details as possibly. sometimes yous make it very hard for us to understand .lol i mean we are not mind readers.. Staff and members want to help but it's kind of hard when people talk in circles or do not explain in details.. i mean data2link. your commenting, your first reply in this thread and i have no clue what your talking about Rolling Eyes

and i dont know what mrmario,Darren or Behaviour??? is asking or talking about either. { +USERNAME+ } is not working? Mouais
Can Some explain what the heck is going on here already!!!!! hahaha bounce bounce bounce oh well i guess i cant win em all...lol scratch

hahah fufufu loul
please explain in as much details as possible and we will try our best to find a soltion.
thanks Cool
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Data2link March 16th 2010, 7:19 pm

Data2link wrote:That has been sencored- and as you can see if you use it they are calling you an inappropraite name. I feel that you guys need to change it to a "Nicer" saying. Just stateing that it is not appropriate will get the point off, Instead of making people mad. I have PM'd Typlo about it and am hoping to get a reply soon. Smile

kirk wrote:pm typlo about what? now your confusing me even more.
Members have to explain in as much details as possibly. sometimes yous make it very hard for us to understand .lol i mean we are not mind readers.. Staff and members want to help but it's kind of hard when people talk in circles or do not explain in details.. i mean data2link. your commenting, your first reply in this thread and i have no clue what your talking about Rolling Eyes

and i dont know what mrmario,Darren or Behaviour??? is asking or talking about either. { +USERNAME+ } is not working? Mouais
Can Some explain what the heck is going on here already!!!!! hahaha bounce bounce bounce oh well i guess i cant win em all...lol scratch

hahah fufufu loul
please explain in as much details as possible and we will try our best to find a soltion.
thanks Cool

Oh- Sorry- I will explain. When you type {*USERNAME*} in a post on this forum- it doesn't say the persons name that is reading it. They have sencored it to read "using php in a post is being a smart@$$- stop it". I'm saying this is inappropriate and makes people mad. They should change it to say something nicer. Get it now? Very Happy
Data2link
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk March 16th 2010, 7:35 pm

we dont censor words here.. if members are going to use profanity or inappropriate words we will either warn them or just Ban them.

Members know whats appropriate and what is not. if they dont then they will find out real fast... lol.

i still dont know what you mean by this.'
Oh- Sorry- I will explain. When you type {*USERNAME*} in a post on this forum- it doesn't say the persons name that is reading it.

if i type your user name it shows up. see Data2link. so i dont know what your getting at. this thread seems to be something that is not even a support question and i am about to lock it.

what is this code supposed to mean {*USERNAME*} and why even use it if you going to type a members user name? thats what i mean what is the point or purpose of this thread?

Plus what you are saying seems to have nothing to do with what foe has asked.
We need to know what foe is talking about.The first thing is why and what would he be trying to add to his template.. for what purpose and what exactly is he trying to do?

that is the question scratch
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Data2link March 16th 2010, 8:14 pm

Oh- sorry- I opened a new post- I saw his post said the same thing as what mine is saying and thought he was asking a similar question- Sorry Sad

See:
{ +USERNAME+ } is not working? Phpcod10
Data2link
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket March 17th 2010, 3:36 pm

Data2link, can you tell me your problem? or it is already solved? If you do have a problem, do not hesitate to open a new topic.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by Data2link March 17th 2010, 7:34 pm

Sanket wrote:Data2link, can you tell me your problem? or it is already solved? If you do have a problem, do not hesitate to open a new topic.

Mine was answered- I opened a new post. Thanks though Smile
Data2link
Forumember

Back to top Go down