The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why do I get a lot of visits by a guest called FDCservers.net??

5 posters

Go down

Why do I get a lot of visits by a guest called FDCservers.net?? Empty Why do I get a lot of visits by a guest called FDCservers.net??

Post by netsniper March 8th 2010, 11:05 am

Hello Guy's I just wondered if anyone can tell me why FDCservers.net are spending so much time on my forum, I see them as a guest but I don't know who they are below is some information about them, I just need to know if they are safe to allow?

OrgName: FDCservers.net
OrgID: FDCSE
Address: 141 w jackson blvd.
Address: suite #1135
City: Chicago
StateProv: IL
PostalCode: 60098

Thank you Hello
netsniper
netsniper
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1040
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Why do I get a lot of visits by a guest called FDCservers.net?? Empty Re: Why do I get a lot of visits by a guest called FDCservers.net??

Post by Eman and Kou March 8th 2010, 12:27 pm

Do you use their servers, or have bought a domain from them? Because that would be the only reason I can think of for them to spend so much time on your forum.
Eman and Kou
Eman and Kou
Forumember

Male Posts : 367

http://www.narutosaga.com

Back to top Go down

Why do I get a lot of visits by a guest called FDCservers.net?? Empty Re: Why do I get a lot of visits by a guest called FDCservers.net??

Post by netsniper March 8th 2010, 12:33 pm

I bought my domain from forumotion and they also host my site, so I don't know why they are on my site so much ?

Cheers

Hello
netsniper
netsniper
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Stooo March 8th 2010, 9:46 pm

Your guests are using a proxy to view your forum.

FDC is Hidemyass I think.
Stooo

Back to top Go down

Post by netsniper March 8th 2010, 9:51 pm

I did a bit of searching myself and I think its the forumotion servers ?

Cheers
netsniper
netsniper
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by netsniper March 11th 2010, 6:16 pm

Can anyone confirm that this is forumotion ? I don't want to block it if it is?

Cheers Laughing
netsniper
netsniper
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario March 11th 2010, 11:31 pm

Don't think it would be Forumotion as there IP would be in France and if they did come to your forum it would be something to do with breaking the ToS or looking to see if there is any bugs in the forum. If you feel that you don't trust this user just ban the IP.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by netsniper March 11th 2010, 11:36 pm

Thank you MrMario I will do that

Hello
netsniper
netsniper
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk March 12th 2010, 12:17 pm

it looks like it's some kind of spamming or somthing.
if they are there just as guest i would keep an eye out to make sure they dod not spam?

dunno heres what i found on google.
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=0&oq=FDCservers.net+&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4SUNA_enUS239US239&q=fdcservers.net+spam

oh yeah i would keep an eye on these guy's for sure.
i have been reading some stuff.. it's sounds like they are some sort of trogen spammer or something.. i will read more tomarrow.. there are also alot of tracking sites i came across too.. for looking up ip,domains and trcking them..

so i am not sure what to make of it.. just keep an eye out and if they post something be sure to block there ip.

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4SUNA_enUS239US239&q=OrgID%3a+FDCSE+Address%3a+141+w+jackson+blvd.+Address%3a+suite+%231135+City%3a+Chicago+StateProv%3a+IL+PostalCode%3a+60098+Country%3a+US
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by netsniper March 12th 2010, 12:23 pm

Thanks Kirk I have now blocked them but I will keep an eye open just in case they have other Ip's ? let me know if you do find anything else about them ?

Cheers Hello
netsniper
netsniper
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by netsniper March 12th 2010, 8:12 pm

These FDC people seem to have a whole load of Ip's is there anyway of stopping them altogether ?

Cheers
Hello
netsniper
netsniper
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by netsniper March 12th 2010, 9:54 pm

Hi can someone who knows look at the pic below and tell me what it means, the reason I'm asking is because I need to know if this is how a proxy works? I am in the uk and as you can see the lines run from Bulgaria to the USA and there is also another line that is hooked onto it? , but I don't see any line running to the uk

Why do I get a lot of visits by a guest called FDCservers.net?? Ip

Cheers Smile

MrMario wrote:Don't think it would be Forumotion as there IP would be in France and if they did come to your forum it would be something to do with breaking the ToS or looking to see if there is any bugs in the forum. If you feel that you don't trust this user just ban the IP.

There are so many Ip's that FDC use I don't think I would have enough time to ban all of them ? isn't there a way Forumotion can do something?

Cheers Smile
netsniper
netsniper
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk March 13th 2010, 3:56 am

i am beginning to think it's some sort of Trojan spam bot or something like that.
i have been reading a lot on it and it seems to be some sort of bot.
Not 100% sure but who or what ever it is dose not seem to be up to any good for what i have been reading so far.. if it is a bot it cant get into your forum and only gather information that is available to guest.. it has no way of gaining ip addresses.. although it could be possible that if members have there email address to be displayed and these members post on boards that guest have access too. then it may be possible that they can gather any info in there profiles..

but like i said i am not sure. i would not go panicking over anything yet.. just be sure to keep them on your radar.

i mean most of what i have read is all the same stuff just says where there ip ar coming from.. so i am really not sure what to think.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by netsniper March 13th 2010, 4:00 am

Thanks Kirk I will just have to keep blocking their ip's until I have all of them I would have thought that we could have just blocked FDC and that would have been the end but its not hat simple ?

Thank you again Hello
netsniper
netsniper
Active Poster

Back to top Go down