The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Only-Topic] Graphics Requests: Discussions & Questions

4 posters

Go down

[Only-Topic] Graphics Requests: Discussions & Questions Empty [Only-Topic] Graphics Requests: Discussions & Questions

Post by Caihlem August 13th 2007, 5:47 pm

Topic split

First part merged to the rules
Second part put into a Only-Topic: Discussions and Questions of Gaphics Requests

Last edited by Caihlem on April 20th 2009, 11:19 pm; edited 3 times in total
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

[Only-Topic] Graphics Requests: Discussions & Questions Empty Re: [Only-Topic] Graphics Requests: Discussions & Questions

Post by Nethack August 19th 2007, 11:36 pm

okay so i dont mean to sounds rude, but all you are going to do is make people mad at you. you act like every one does nothing but complain about what you do for them.

and saying that you are not going to make anything for them isnt going to hlep either. all that does is tell people that you are self centerd enough to think that every one wants you to make things for them. like you said, there are other gfxers.

with respect,

NetHack
Nethack

Female Posts : 7
Language : english

https://www.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

[Only-Topic] Graphics Requests: Discussions & Questions Empty Re: [Only-Topic] Graphics Requests: Discussions & Questions

Post by Caihlem August 20th 2007, 12:13 am

O_o

I don't see why there's need of this topic though, aren't there already the rules?
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by ConsoleElosnoc August 20th 2007, 4:53 am

Nethack wrote:okay so i dont mean to sounds rude, but all you are going to do is make people mad at you. you act like every one does nothing but complain about what you do for them.

No offense taken,
if you browse through this forum(and every section in this forum), you'll understand some things that I'm saying... It'll probably answer to what you're saying too.. You do understand why people post repeatedly the same topic(or reply to their own posts) over and over again right? Cause they expect a result/an answer/a reply..

All I'm trying to say is, give a little bit more patience cause there's not many of us on this forum that can suddenly create all of the requests at once..

Nethack wrote:and saying that you are not going to make anything for them isnt going to hlep either. all that does is tell people that you are self centerd enough to think that every one wants you to make things for them. like you said, there are other gfxers.

with respect,

NetHack

How does it make me self centered when all I ask is for people to say PLEASE instead of PLZ (Since this is also forumotion's rule to avoid SMS language) and to stop using CAPS?
I never said everyone want me to make ANYTHING. (And Sunday is my "day off") I'm saying, I'm offering you the help you need but can you be nice in return and say thank you or please or don't CAPS(YELL) at me for helping you..

Have you ever been a volunteer? If you haven't, you should try it.
Altruism does exist in this world.. being nice to other people can, in return, be treated nicely..

That's all I ask...

Caihlem wrote:O_o

I don't see why there's need of this topic though, aren't there already the rules?
Yes but, as you can tell, some people don't bother to read the rules...
But yea, I find it pointless now to say what you've said in the rules...especially if people think I'm a self-centered freak-show.. When all i'm trying to say is a simple message:

Be nice to the people (staff/graphic artists/support) by simply using the correct mannerism of the English Language..

that being the way to show respect to them and thanking them for their efforts cause they don't work for money...

Is that too much to ask or has our society disintegrated too far?
ConsoleElosnoc
Forumember

Female Posts : 229
Language : English/Chinese/ Opps..She has gone on a video gaming expedition!

http://clanfusion.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ConsoleElosnoc August 20th 2007, 6:05 am

I'd like to thank all staff and members that put out the effort to help each other and who do use the proper manners =)

<3 Thank you <3
ConsoleElosnoc
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem August 20th 2007, 12:37 pm

Yeah, I understand your point of view and all Wink

Maybe what I could do is split tis topic into 2:
- First post which merge with te ruls
- Second post wich becomes an [ONLY-TOPIC] Discussion about graphics artists and the graphics requet zone (different name of course Mr. Green)
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 20th 2007, 1:11 pm

one question,

because u have already said that plz is banned, are the others banned to like thx, np, brb, omg, ect... ect... ect...?

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem August 20th 2007, 1:58 pm

It's all SMS and therefore all are prohibitted normally
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by ConsoleElosnoc August 20th 2007, 8:40 pm

Caihlem wrote:Yeah, I understand your point of view and all Wink

Maybe what I could do is split tis topic into 2:
- First post which merge with the rules
- Second post which becomes an [ONLY-TOPIC] Discussion about graphics artists and the graphics request zone (different name of course Mr. Green)

That would be great if you could please do it Smile

Hem I've been through the staff and moderator things quite a few times in my life that I can see from their perspective easily... It takes one to understand Wink

And yes, forumotion rules state that members should avoid typing in SMS (I'm one of those people who actually bother to read the 1000pages (hyperbole) long rules) Laughing
ConsoleElosnoc
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem August 20th 2007, 9:52 pm

Done Wink
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by ConsoleElosnoc August 20th 2007, 10:33 pm

Thank you sir
ConsoleElosnoc
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem August 20th 2007, 10:36 pm

It's no prolem Laughing

P.S: If yu can, please drop the Sir, I'm too young for that lol!
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by ConsoleElosnoc August 20th 2007, 10:52 pm

Okay Si... I mean Cai

No problem Very Happy
ConsoleElosnoc
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Nethack August 21st 2007, 9:35 pm

your points are compleatly understandable, but you did say, as i remeber, somethingf a long the lins of "push my buttons and i wont make anything for you" emplying (sorry for spelling mistakes) that you are speaking only for yourself and that you see your self making everything.

just one point of view, but i do see what you mean, its hard to put up with every one and wanting things done now. but thats how the general public is.

my only suggestion, get more gfxers.
Nethack

Back to top Go down

Post by ConsoleElosnoc August 21st 2007, 10:26 pm

On a literal meaning.. It's exactly what you said.. That's what I intend on the first part... Because right now, I'm pretty focused on making buttons...

Second part... I'm generalizing..

Because mostly requests have been buttons lately.. pushing for them (as in CAPS.. and anything I've said..) will just result in a graphic artists to not do it for you..

Sorry if you didn't understand..

<snip> get more gfxers

We can not "get" any more because they are currently voluntary... This is a "you help me and I help you" situation..
ConsoleElosnoc
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem August 21st 2007, 11:44 pm

Yeah, such a pity staff's aren't paid in free services Sad
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by AtoliSky August 21st 2007, 11:51 pm

I would pay you if I had the money Sad
AtoliSky
Forumember

Female Posts : 54
Language : English

http://fantajiiworld.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem August 22nd 2007, 12:04 am

The service wouldn't be free, we wouldn't accept money Razz
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by ConsoleElosnoc August 22nd 2007, 12:39 pm

Caihlem wrote:Yeah, such a pity staff's aren't paid in free services Sad

You are paid with all my gratitude Laughing salut
ConsoleElosnoc
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Nethack August 22nd 2007, 9:22 pm

well, have any of you heard of Animeleague aka AL ? they have a gfx request scheme, but the members and staff get payed in "credits". they have a little on line shop were you can spend your credits on things like icons, pets etc. its really cool ^_^ maybe you should try something like that with your site. that way people are more compled to do the worrk ^_^
Nethack

Back to top Go down

Post by ConsoleElosnoc August 22nd 2007, 9:27 pm

^ It's a possibility.. you can suggest that in the suggestion forum...
ConsoleElosnoc
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Nethack August 23rd 2007, 5:01 am

i think i will, ^_^ you still working on thoes buttons??
Nethack

Back to top Go down