Skin restore issue. Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
3 posters

Skin restore issue.

baker.simon

Language : English

Skin restore issue. Empty Skin restore issue.

Post by baker.simon March 22nd 2010, 3:33 pm

Hi,

Been looking at changing my skin, went through a few befor I decided to settle on the original one. So I try to restore the orginal skin, in the preview it is the one I want, but when I press restore I go to my forum and nothing has changed?

Confused.
    Sanket
    Sanket
    ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Skin restore issue. Empty Re: Skin restore issue.

Post by Sanket March 22nd 2010, 3:38 pm

Install skins directly from hitskin.com
    kirk
    kirk
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
    Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Post by kirk March 22nd 2010, 3:41 pm

when you are in the preview mode all you have to do is save setting and your skin should appear. if not then just go to http://en.hitskin.com/ find your skin and import it that way.
    baker.simon

Post by baker.simon March 22nd 2010, 3:44 pm

kirk wrote:when you are in the preview mode all you have to do is save setting and your skin should appear. if not then just go to http://en.hitskin.com/ find your skin and import it that way.

See that is the problem. I spent a good hour going through everything on hitskin but couldn't find it again.

So I go back to a previous date for 'restore' and in the preview box below the restore, it shows the skin I want, the skin i had originally. I then press 'restore' and nothing happens. When I go back to the forum it is still one of the downloaded skins.
    kirk
    kirk
    Forumaster

Post by kirk March 22nd 2010, 4:02 pm

well if it's not restring through your temp themes.. then the only way i can think of getting it back is finding it on hitskin or you can try the utilities back up tool. but i am not sure if that will work or not so your best bet is to just find the skin and reinstall fro0m hitskin.

or just try to restore it again from the temp themes.. did you ever save it as a temp theme?
    baker.simon

Post by baker.simon March 22nd 2010, 4:27 pm

kirk wrote:well if it's not restring through your temp themes.. then the only way i can think of getting it back is finding it on hitskin or you can try the utilities back up tool. but i am not sure if that will work or not so your best bet is to just find the skin and reinstall fro0m hitskin.

or just try to restore it again from the temp themes.. did you ever save it as a temp theme?

Unfortunately not. The only thing I have is an auto back-up, which is what I was trying to restore.

Also, ever since I tried the new skin I get a caption that says 'graphic media' appearing at the end of every forum title bar. Could this be the problem? Could the new skin keep over-riding the restore byany chance?

I have had the restore work, but within 5 minutes it was back to theold skin. Some of my memebrs are complaining about it. Can anybody identify the skin if I put the address up?
    baker.simon

Post by baker.simon March 23rd 2010, 6:15 pm

Sorted it out in the end, not sure how though.
    kirk
    kirk
    Forumaster

Post by kirk March 23rd 2010, 6:20 pm

well that's cool at least you have it fixed Smile

Since the problem appears to be solved i will now lock.