The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guests able to read forum set to view only ?

2 posters

Go down

Guests able to read forum set to view only ? Empty Guests able to read forum set to view only ?

Post by netsniper March 25th 2010, 11:36 pm

Hi can someone tell me how a guest can read a forum is set to view the forum only as below

Guests able to read forum set to view only ? Kk10

As you can see below they are reading the forum? in this case it was Amazon
Guest Thu 25 Mar 2010 - 22:19 Traveling to and around Bulgaria Ip **********
netsniper
netsniper
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1040
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Guests able to read forum set to view only ? Empty Re: Guests able to read forum set to view only ?

Post by Mehtevas March 26th 2010, 3:21 pm

What do you mean? You should just be able to go to advanced preferences and click "View Only" if thats what your talking about, please clerify?
Mehtevas
Mehtevas
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2114
Language : Currently, I am receiving support requests by P.M. Support requests, which can, and should, be done in the support section.

Back to top Go down

Guests able to read forum set to view only ? Empty Re: Guests able to read forum set to view only ?

Post by netsniper March 26th 2010, 3:25 pm

What I'm saying is I have my forum closed to guests but as you can see above the guest was able to read the forum in question even though it was closed to guests
netsniper
netsniper
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1040
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Mehtevas March 26th 2010, 3:33 pm

Unclick that box and the forum will be closed to guessts. You mikght have accidentaly clicked it, or another admin clicked it so guests could view. But if you unclick it you should be fine.
Mehtevas
Mehtevas
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2114
Language : Currently, I am receiving support requests by P.M. Support requests, which can, and should, be done in the support section.

Back to top Go down