The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proffesional protection for forum???

3 posters

Go down

Proffesional protection for forum??? Empty Proffesional protection for forum???

Post by NightmareZero Tue May 04, 2010 1:21 pm

Hello Forumotion.
I have a very big project in mind and i want to realize it. The project (forum) will have much people. But i must make sure it doesn't get hacked or something similar. Well, may someone from forumotion give me proffesional advice how to protect my forum from bad people. Upfront, thank you.
NightmareZero
NightmareZero
Forumember

Male Posts : 85
Language : bisnian/english

Back to top Go down

Proffesional protection for forum??? Empty Re: Proffesional protection for forum???

Post by kirk Tue May 04, 2010 1:50 pm

Well nothing can ever be 100% full proff.
but if you like you can read here and here if you like.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Proffesional protection for forum??? Empty Re: Proffesional protection for forum???

Post by NightmareZero Tue May 04, 2010 2:38 pm

typlo wrote: your data is stored and preserved on Raid50 daily, you are protected against human errors, massive strikes and you are forewarned against spam.

well this is the point i want, i want my forum to be protected of hackers which could hack in my profile somehow and click the delete button
is there a way to stop them hacking into my profile?
because im just afraid of deleting the forum
NightmareZero
NightmareZero
Forumember

Male Posts : 85
Language : bisnian/english

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk Tue May 04, 2010 8:15 pm

LOL

I have no idea the what answer you are looking for. but i can guaranty anyone on forums anything else that they can not be hacked into.

i told you above nothing is a 100% full proof. if government and big business corporations can be hacked into then why not a small forum.

I'll tell you what . you probably have a better chance of a email address getting hacked into then your forum.

All i can say.. is never give out any information.. do not have any staff you can not trust especially another admin. and have long complicated passwords as possible.. but be sure to keep it to something you will not forget.

Other then that if you are seeking professional security.. what ever that is. then i would google it.Because i have no idea what answers it is your looking for. and even if i did have them i can not back that up and guarantee anything.. just use common sense and never share any information with anyone.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Fevens Tue May 04, 2010 10:05 pm

Do some research for trackers. There's never enough protection for your website. That way, if something does happen, you'll be able to look back at your information and find the culprit.
Fevens

Language : English

Back to top Go down