help please!!!! forum is all over the place Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
+8
dr.sport
scoobybry
martyboi
Darren1
sfifer
~Audrey~
harold67wm
bonzalala
12 posters

help please!!!! forum is all over the place

bonzalala
    Forumember

Female Posts : 82
    Language : english

help please!!!! forum is all over the place Empty help please!!!! forum is all over the place

Post by bonzalala May 6th 2010, 5:28 am

my site is sampletrain.com and a member stated she is having problems with the forum posts shifting together and the background not showing up. i looked into it and i see what she is talking about. i looked in IE and i see the problem but if i look in Firefox the problem is gone. which doesn tmake sense since i thought forumotion ran smoother on IE. here is an example of what is going on. NOTHING has been changed since the problem started happening.

the part where the small train is is what the part underneath should be but its transparent in ssome parts. the avatar and info is going into the topics and the widgets or on the bottom of the screen!!!!

help please!!!! forum is all over the place Error10
    harold67wm
    harold67wm

Male Posts : 9

help please!!!! forum is all over the place Empty Re: help please!!!! forum is all over the place

Post by harold67wm May 6th 2010, 5:59 am

Re: Unknown script issue
    by harold67wm Today at 11:00 pm

.I am having the same issues on my site... @ http://www.towinfo.org or ... http://towinfo.forumotion.com/forum.htm and just like you, not on main page, just on individual forums
    ~Audrey~
    ~Audrey~
    Forumember

Female Posts : 30
    Language : English

help please!!!! forum is all over the place Empty Re: help please!!!! forum is all over the place

Post by ~Audrey~ May 6th 2010, 6:26 am

I'm having the same issue...it's really screwed up, hard to read, my forum is mostly private but a few of the boards are available to the general public. It's really odd, I've NEVER seen that happen before and people are complaining like crazy.. I sure hope they can work it out...quick.

www.dollcollectorsworldwide.com
    sfifer
    Forumember

Post by sfifer May 6th 2010, 8:50 am

Try making your forum run in Compatibility View if the problem is IE specific. Look for the icon to the right of the address bar
    Darren1
    Darren1
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Post by Darren1 May 6th 2010, 9:31 am

Hello,

Can we get a screenshot of the problem is specific please?
    I've just viewed ur forum on FireFox and there's no problem what so ever.
    sfifer
    Forumember

Post by sfifer May 6th 2010, 9:32 am

The problem may only be IE specific, i know some people who have this problem, running it in compatibility view usually fixes the issue
    ~Audrey~
    ~Audrey~
    Forumember

Post by ~Audrey~ May 6th 2010, 5:18 pm

sfifer wrote:Try making your forum run in Compatibility View if the problem is IE specific. Look for the icon to the right of the address bar

Tried that, it didn't work. I have issues with IE7, IE8 and Firefox according to my members. I've not changed anything with the display in months so that ain't it. On some posts the avatar and such (which is usually at the top right of each post) is at the bottom of each post. Also, in the same thread, the first few posts appear normal and then as you scroll down the background disappears, the board isn't as wide, the quote boxes are gone as well as the code boxes. It's a mess!

Here is a shot of how it usually looks:

help please!!!! forum is all over the place Prob211

And this is what it's doing now:

help please!!!! forum is all over the place Prob111

It's only doing it sporadically, not every thread/post is affected. Was there an update that affected our forums? There's also another thread going on about this that I posted on as well.

Please advise.
    bonzalala
    Forumember

Female Posts : 82

Post by bonzalala May 6th 2010, 8:30 pm

i see it does it when there is usually a quote in the post too.
    ~Audrey~
    ~Audrey~
    Forumember

Post by ~Audrey~ May 6th 2010, 8:41 pm

That's the only time I experience the problem...when there is a quote or code within the post. The "mess-up" starts within the thread at the point of the quote or code.
    martyboi

Post by martyboi May 6th 2010, 10:32 pm

Ive got the same problem as well? I agree with it only happening in posts with quotes or images etc...

Trackcarz.com
    scoobybry
    Forumember

Post by scoobybry May 6th 2010, 11:24 pm

happenibg to me to and freezing up
    dr.sport
    dr.sport
    Forumember

Male Posts : 159
    Language : english, and html

Post by dr.sport May 6th 2010, 11:44 pm

Like I said in a few other posts, changeing the version will get the job done. but when you change the version, it also changes the skin, but changeing the version has gotten the job done so far for people...
    outlaw105w
    Forumember

Post by outlaw105w May 7th 2010, 12:01 am

same here ... www.429-460.com

any updates .... is anyone working on the problem ??
    dr.sport
    dr.sport
    Forumember

Post by dr.sport May 7th 2010, 12:18 am

Fourmotion might be, but the known way right now is swiching versions.
    morf13
    Forumember

Post by morf13 May 7th 2010, 3:23 am

dr.sport wrote:Like I said in a few other posts, changeing the version will get the job done. but when you change the version, it also changes the skin, but changeing the version has gotten the job done so far for people...

Yes, switching the version helped me, but I prefer the other version, so I hope it gets fixed soon
    dr.sport
    dr.sport
    Forumember

Post by dr.sport May 7th 2010, 3:41 am

Yea, same here I like theBB3 version better.
    cougar30
    Forumember

Male Posts : 244

Post by cougar30 May 7th 2010, 11:55 am

I too am having the same problem with posts on threads being jumbled up - This is fine in Firefox, it is just IE7/IE8 that seems to be the problem?

Hope this gets resolved soon.
    ~Audrey~
    ~Audrey~
    Forumember

Post by ~Audrey~ May 7th 2010, 7:22 pm

cougar30 wrote:I too am having the same problem with posts on threads being jumbled up - This is fine in Firefox, it is just IE7/IE8 that seems to be the problem?

Hope this gets resolved soon.

I have users that use Firefox...they're seeing it too. :/
    twinclaire
    Forumember

Post by twinclaire May 8th 2010, 12:04 am

I have the prob too started yesterday :-(
    morf13
    Forumember

Post by morf13 May 8th 2010, 5:37 am

Any words from the MODs on a tech fix??? Havent seen any MOD response