The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Navigation Images & Line Break for guests

2 posters

Go down

Navigation Images & Line Break for guests Empty Navigation Images & Line Break for guests

Post by krysus May 31st 2010, 6:07 pm

You can see my theme here:

http://gotrboards.darkbb.com

I'm using a theme I got out of the theme gallery. When I set my navigation to use only images, it has its own navigation images which look great, but there is one problem.

When you are logged in, the navigation is fine and nice and together. However when your not logged in (guest mode), the last image and link on the graphical navigation is forced down onto a line below, breaking the navigation. It also shows it this way in the admin panel's navigation preview when I set the drop-down view to "guests".

I can't seem to figure out why it's doing this, so I come to you guys for help. Thank you for any you can give.

- Krysus
krysus

Male Posts : 6
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Navigation Images & Line Break for guests Empty Re: Navigation Images & Line Break for guests

Post by MrMario May 31st 2010, 7:40 pm

Try removing the rights to guest for the calendar and see that it does.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Navigation Images & Line Break for guests Empty Re: Navigation Images & Line Break for guests

Post by krysus May 31st 2010, 8:11 pm

Ok, I went to Users & Groups > special rights and played with all the rights options. No effects tho. Sad
krysus

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario May 31st 2010, 8:19 pm

Reduce the size of the images or change the width of the forum.

Admin Panel // General // Look for Forum width (number or %) and make it higher.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by krysus May 31st 2010, 8:33 pm

Ok, I set the width to 100% and it revealed what was going on i think.
There is an item in the guest menu now which is for registering (its a pretty large area of the menu), but the graphical button doesnt have a text label on it. What should I do here? Can I take this item off of the main menu and set it somewhere else? Or ?

edit: correction, there is a label for it "Join the Academy" which apparently goes to what the forum originally was for. I want to change it, but not sure how.
krysus

Back to top Go down

Post by krysus May 31st 2010, 8:37 pm

Another note: For some reason, in the Headers & Navigation section, I can go to edit the different items, but everything is greyed out where i can't check or unchheck anything. All I can do is specify the image for the item. I don't know why, I figured I'd have privs to edit them...
krysus

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario May 31st 2010, 8:48 pm

Please don't double post unless its been 24 hours from the last post. Use the edit button to add more inflammation to your question.

To change the images you go to Admin Panel // Display // Pic Management // Simple Mode // Click Index or what ever and change the image.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by krysus May 31st 2010, 10:26 pm

Ah, I got it, thanks! But I do have one more question (not of this topic, if I may?)

If I wanted to link my main banner to a different site (in the case that I'm using, say a wordpress.com site as my main website), how would I go about that?

Thank you again for your help! Really appreciated that. Smile

- Krysus
krysus

Back to top Go down