The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adding new emotion smilies

3 posters

Go down

Adding new emotion smilies Empty Adding new emotion smilies

Post by Raven Cr September 26th 2007, 4:51 am

Adding new emotion smilies, how can i add these emotion smilies below within my forum. What are the codes for adding new emotion smilies.

Hello Neutral :/ Oh my god Hem and others.

And where is the BBCode located within my admin panel, so i can check to see if it is on. Also where is the smilies switch to see if they are on.

Raven Crystal Moon

Last edited by on September 26th 2007, 5:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Raven Cr

Back to top Go down

Adding new emotion smilies Empty Re: Adding new emotion smilies

Post by Nessa September 26th 2007, 5:12 am

Hello Hi Raven Crystal Moon. I believe if you go into your admin panel, click on styles, scroll down on the left you'll see the smilies, click on that, and you should be able to manage all of your smilies from there.

Now, if those smilies you want arent already on your computer, simply rightclick and Save image as on each smilies you want (name it) and save it in your well wherever, then just go back into the smilies section and upload it, name it and save it. That should do it for. I hope that helps some. Good Luck thumright
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Raven Cr September 26th 2007, 5:15 am

Thanks, Nessa. I will let you know how i go.
Raven Cr

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa September 26th 2007, 5:18 am

You're very welcome. I hope you get everything worked out. Wink
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Raven Cr September 26th 2007, 5:31 am

it comes up saying this. Error
No pictures selected for upload or unknown error. I don't know the codes nor how to put in the codes. Sad

Raven Crystal Moon
Raven Cr

Back to top Go down

Post by Luky September 26th 2007, 7:44 am

When you add the smileys in your admin panel you need to add an code for them. And then the smileys will work.
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down

Post by Raven Cr September 26th 2007, 1:13 pm

oh ok, luky5550. but how do i add in the code. As I do know how to, as i am not a expert in that area, sorry. Sad

Raven Crystal Moon
Raven Cr

Back to top Go down

Post by Luky September 26th 2007, 2:00 pm

Go in the administration panel and choose: Styles=> Pictures and colors=>Smilies. You will see a button called "Add a new smiliey" click it. From there you can add your smiley and also add a code for it. Choose browse to select your smiley form your PC. Then click save and it's all done.Good luck!
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa September 26th 2007, 3:26 pm

Hello Good Morning Raven ~ Any luck figuring out how to add those smiles today sweety? It's ok, everyones new to this kind of stuff in the beginning. It takes some getting used to before it all comes together. That's what we are here for..To try and help you figure out any problems you may have or not understand. It's not too confusing once you get the hang of things really. Wink
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Raven Cr September 26th 2007, 3:33 pm

luky5550, When I tried but it wouldn't work. Do you know if the admin or anyone of forumotion.com knows the codes for up loading new smilies. As i am clueless by scratching my head here, of wondering how to do the codes. scratch

Raven Crystal Moon

______________________________________________________________________________________

Good Morning, Nessa. i am having no luck in adding in new smilies. And i am clueless.scratch

Raven Crystal Moon
Raven Cr

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 26th 2007, 3:39 pm

Here is how you do it:

Admin Panel
Styles
Smilies

The "code is what you want to make it!

I but the same code in both of the areas. Every smilie, MUST have a different code!

the code is:

Code:
 :name of your smilie here.  Whatever you want to name it:

Now put that in both spots, then upload the smilie from your computer and click save.

Be sure every smilie you add have a different code, you can do

:laugh1:
:laugh2:

etc.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Raven Cr September 26th 2007, 3:48 pm

Thanks, Kilsek. I will give that a try. I'm crossing all of my fingers here, for success. lol

P.S. I l have just looked within my PC and i haven't got smilies in my PC, Only the 60 smilies in my forum admin panel. So I guess that i have to download smiley central.

Raven Crystal Moon
Raven Cr

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa September 26th 2007, 4:30 pm

See Raven, Kilsek makes it seems so simple Very Happy . That should fix your problem I believe. But I dont recommend downloading smiliey central. I have done that before and it has added adware and spyware to my computer, slowing it down drastically. But once I removed it from my system it went back to normal so I knew that was the problem. there are other ways to get cool smilies without downloading anything of that nature. I'll send you a pm to some cool smiley links I have found so you can use them on your forum as well if you'd like. Wink
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Raven Cr September 27th 2007, 2:54 am

oh ok, Nessa. thanks for letting me know about smiliey central. As i haven't downloaded it yet. And i won't be downloading smiliey central. Because i don't want all the nasties that comes with it. So i will be using those handy, helpful links. And i was quite relieved to see how Kilsek made it easy for me to follow within those instructions in his post. Anyway thanks for your help, much appreciate it.Very Happy

Raven Crystal Moon

______________________________________________________________________________________
here is an update for you, just to let you know Nessa. I have tried putting new smilies within my already amount of 60 smilies. i have had no luck in putting more within my forum's smiliey area. And i'm getting worried about it here. Sad
Raven Cr

Back to top Go down

Post by porumer September 29th 2007, 9:12 am

I can add smiley but only .png how can I add .gif smilies?
porumer

Male Posts : 2
Language : English, Tagalog

http://porums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Raven Cr October 1st 2007, 10:43 am

oh ok, thanks, porumer. clicksmilies.com a smiliey site have smilies in gif form and they wouldn't work, period. And i was packing for my long weekend holiday. which I got back today from it. And that is why i am repling to your post today. Very Happy
Raven Cr

Back to top Go down