The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

security??

4 posters

Go down

Solved security??

Post by COLS August 19th 2010, 3:44 am

The write up about security is pretty vague. It really tells nothing about privacy, which is my issue. I am trying to find out if such a thing as a private forum even exists?!!!
Mad
COLS

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: security??

Post by Mehtevas August 19th 2010, 3:46 am

If you set the forum to be viewed by "Members only" Guests will only get as far as your "Login/Register" Screen..

If you would like to control who makes an account or not, set it up so that new accounts must be Administrator approved.
Mehtevas
Mehtevas
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2114
Language : Currently, I am receiving support requests by P.M. Support requests, which can, and should, be done in the support section.

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 August 19th 2010, 3:48 am

Hi,

You can have a private forum by setting the permissions of each forum to only emmebrs/only 1 group
Admin panel >> General > Categories & Forums > X/tick > Disallow the guests & un-wanted groups/members & save.

Kinky Hello loove
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by COLS August 19th 2010, 3:56 am

Thank you, I had done all of the above, but was just told in another thread how I missed ticking off the guests from viewing and reading.
That should resolve it. Thank you again. Very Happy
COLS

Back to top Go down

Post by COLS August 19th 2010, 4:10 am

Well, unfortunately, I can still read the entire forum without logging in.- even with unticking the "log in" and deleting the username and password boxes- that is, emptying them. I was still able to click on Forum at the top and scroll down and read it ALL. I just found the issue. Finally, Now I t hink all bases are covered! :wouhou:
COLS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket August 19th 2010, 6:13 pm

Since this thread appears to be solved, I will lock this thread and mark it as solved.
security?? 2j4t5a8

Sanket Smile

Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down