The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem With Forum Administrators

4 posters

Go down

Problem With Forum Administrators Empty Problem With Forum Administrators

Post by codestar August 22nd 2010, 2:03 am

I have a problem with this forum's administrators. They do not seem to be very fair. This guy posted
this topic. Here's what was said for those of you who do not want to click the link.

Edit: kirk
Bold text and color has been removed.
Using colors and or bold text are reserved for staff use only.
Please refrain form useing them in any future post.
Thank you

I was wondering if it's possible to link to a profile field within a members profile?

I'm running an online gaming forum where some statistics and codes are used. At present, they're just in a thread within the forums, which is time consuming and a bit of a chore to keep up to date.

The end goal is to have the info within a members profile and view them via the members list.

This is not currently available, as the members list doesn’t accommodate this feature! (Suggestion to make it happen is Here, please vote yes to show your support!

kirk, i've had a little think about what you've said and im a little frustrated by your comments.

basically i structured the post as follows:

large print, black and bold: important info

this is designed to get the readers attention, and allow them to decide if they need to carry on reading the post, if they can help and allows them to get a brief idea of the issue.

then a hr

this sepparates the brief from the rest of the post.

then the rest of the post, explaining the it in more depth, more specifically for those still reading.

i think is a proffesional way of laying things out, make it all easier for the readers involved.

i now understand i've directly broken the rules AGAIN! but i needed to air my oppinions. perhaps your time would be better spent discaplining people who are actually causing a problem, rather than educated people who are trying to make the forum more user friendly?

Also, if we're not aloud to do it, why not remove the option for members to use large print, bold and coloured text?

thanks,

Will

i now expect my green bar at the right to be 'not so green' - worth it!

Oh isint this just lovely. now are you not only posting bold text and colors again you are double posting.. fufufu

Double posting back to back within a 24 hour period is prohibited on forumotion support forum.Please refrain from doing this in any future post.You can either wait for a reply or add any additional content via the edit button in your previous post.You know i do not give warnings all the time for silly violations i try to be nice and just tell people or explain first.. but if people/ members like your self are not going to listen, be sarcastic and or disrespectful then i will just skip the warnings and put a ban in place.

the first thing anyone should do when joining another forum is read the forum rules.
We do not allow it here, it's for staff use only end of story.

Please read all forum rules..
if you have problem with any support forum rules then feel free to pm a admin and take it up with them.if you continue to break any forum rules then warnings will be put in place.. this is the last verbal warning i am giving you on this issue.

Since the answer was giving for the for the topics inquiry and now has a thread on the suggestions board for this possible option in the future.I will not mark as solved but will lock the thread to avoid any further disagreements or arguments pertaining to any forumotion support forum rules.

For all those that are interested in this option you can place your vote over here.
Adding additional profile fields to the members list.

to see bold text LIKE THIS where they are supposed to be you will have to click the link..

Now, the only thing I can say to that thread is, "Kirk, your proctologist called, they found your head."

I also expect my Green Bar to be 'not so green' but like Will said, it is very well worth it. Kirk, why don't you go find someone breaking important rules. This is crap!
codestar

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Problem With Forum Administrators Empty Re: Problem With Forum Administrators

Post by KingOfSports August 22nd 2010, 8:24 am

Take your problem to PM's, not the forum.
KingOfSports
KingOfSports
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2487
Language :
Back to top Go down

Post by codestar August 27th 2010, 10:05 pm

If I took my problems to PM's then I would simply get banned or something, instead of all of the forumotion knowing what is up. I have thought this through, I am not an idiot, so remove yourself off my back.

Last edited by codestar on August 27th 2010, 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
codestar

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Saxaca August 27th 2010, 10:12 pm

I've used bold once before. Never got warned.. Mr. Green

So my question is, are we allowed to use bold, but not bold and colours?

Lol..
Saxaca
Saxaca
Forumember

Male Posts : 539
Language : Markup.

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfSports August 27th 2010, 10:30 pm

Santa Sauce wrote:I've used bold once before. Never got warned.. Mr. Green

So my question is, are we allowed to use bold, but not bold and colours?

Lol..

So you are basically asking someone to refer you to the rules you should have already read?

https://help.forumotion.com/rules-important-points-f10/general-rules-t60587.htm

THE RULES. READ THEM.
KingOfSports
KingOfSports
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2487
Language :
Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario August 27th 2010, 11:08 pm

Excuse me?!?! Why are we bashing on a support mod? I don't see him out of control. You aren't following the rules so therefore he is telling you not to do it. Personal fights with staff or member is not allowed and for starting a fight with Kirk I therefore give you a serious warning. Last thing, never post stuff like this in public. This is all suppose to be done in PM with eairtr Luky or Kirk himself. Let me not see this again!

=> Locked
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down