View member PM logs/messages - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
+10
PromotionEmpire
LH Justin
StoneRaven
Jophy
KingOfSports
tlws
Ape
Walshy95
Saxaca
spirit09
14 posters

View member PM logs/messages

Poll

View member PM log/messages

[ 11 ]
    View member PM logs/messages - Page 2 Bar_left42%View member PM logs/messages - Page 2 Bar_right [42%] 
    [ 13 ]
    View member PM logs/messages - Page 2 Bar_left50%View member PM logs/messages - Page 2 Bar_right [50%] 
    [ 2 ]
    View member PM logs/messages - Page 2 Bar_left8%View member PM logs/messages - Page 2 Bar_right [8%] 

Total Votes: 26
    Poll closed
    spirit09
    spirit09
    Forumember

Female Posts : 186
    Language : English

View member PM logs/messages - Page 2 Empty View member PM logs/messages

Post by spirit09 August 26th 2010, 5:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

Do you think it would be helpful to be able to view the PM logs of our users?

This would be very helpful when grievences occur or when members are accused of mass PM for advertising etc.

It could work in a similar way to the report a post system?

I am wary of this as there is a worry that it may be abused, but if only founders have this option, then realistically there should be no worry - right??

Vote and discuss please.
    spirit09
    spirit09
    Forumember

View member PM logs/messages - Page 2 Empty Re: View member PM logs/messages

Post by spirit09 August 28th 2010, 3:05 am

to you maybe!

can you edit a screen shot? before or after it is taken?
    StoneRaven
    StoneRaven
    Forumember

Male Posts : 142

Post by StoneRaven August 28th 2010, 3:05 am

I don't see what the big deal is with not wanting founders to read only reported pm's in their orginal form but is ok in copied form that could be altered to cause an issue with the founder having no way to verify it. Kind of seems like there is something more that's not being said here. This would make the forums a more safe place if you stop and really think about it and not just follow suit like some do when 1 person over hypes it as being a bad idea. I have noticed on a lot of the suggestions that have been put down that this is the case. Is this how it works on here? Part way reading posts, and then following suit saying this and that is illegal when it's plainly stated in the rules on here that a founder is to be sent a copy of the offending pm. At least if this was implemented it would make things more secure and not be able to be tampered with. And if a member abused this by making false reports then you would know who to warn or ban because you would have the original unaltered copy of the report. It doesn't really mater though as I can see by the votes which went up in no votes suddenly. Hmmm wonder who asked who to come and vote no to kill this idea? This will be yet another really good idea shot down due to childish tactics that I have seen used on here way to many times. It's really sad too.
    LH Justin
    LH Justin
    Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3686

Post by LH Justin August 28th 2010, 3:44 am

spirit09 wrote:to you maybe!

can you edit a screen shot? before or after it is taken?
    Yes, but honestly I've never seen any effort put into a Photoshoped PM screenshot.
    StoneRaven
    StoneRaven
    Forumember

Post by StoneRaven August 28th 2010, 1:16 pm

A screen shot... Now is that not the same thing basicly as reading a pm? YES, it is. But not everyone has paint and not everyone knows how to do screen shots.

At least the proposal would make it more easy on everyone as well as be uneditable in any way. And if it is for only the reported pm and no others then the only reason someone would vote no on this is 1. If they are guilty of things tat would get their pm's reported or 2. just to be spiteful by sending their friends to vote no. Which in this case I think it's 1 and 2 on here. Abuse of power by people that are to young to have it on a forum of this size and age range.

Things like this is why forumotion has hit the bottom of all the free hosting site lists. It did start out as #1, but it's hit the bottom of almost every list on the net, and that is bad feedback for forumotion.

Last edited by StoneRaven on August 28th 2010, 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Saxaca
    Saxaca
    Forumember

Male Posts : 539
    Language : Markup.

Post by Saxaca August 28th 2010, 1:25 pm

He makes the best graphics i see around here. (Perhaps exept Matei.)

I'm under 15.

And by the way, i don't think he moderates this forum. That means he cant delete your post >.<

Edit:

99 post Dawa
    StoneRaven
    StoneRaven
    Forumember

Post by StoneRaven August 28th 2010, 1:50 pm

I edited my post as I had seen that. But some underage people act older than their age when it comes to decisions. I never questioned his talents, I'm sure he is very good at graphics. What I am saying is that on a forum of this size and with so many ages someone that is underage as a staff member is not a really good choice.

Just look through the posts in this. He went from it's illegal and the topic will be closed. (which he is not a mod and the rules state not to moderate others) To it's ok for screen shots and to copy the pm to send it to the founder (only after I posted a copy of forumotions rules)

Now I ask you this.. How can some one be staff and not know the sites rules? And why would someone kick so hard on a proposal that is basicly the same as the main rules of this site but more simplified unless they have something to hide or they are just following suit to fit into a clique on here?

Either way, you have to admit either in post or at least to yourself, that this site is being ruled more and more by cliques every day and that is what has caused forumotion to drop so far down on the referral lists that are all over the net. I mean forumotion started out as #1 preferred free forum hosting and now it's almost so far down that it's off most lists all together.

This could be passed and made as optional to use by the founders. A screen shot is no different from what is being proposed with the exception of nothing could be altered in any way.

Not all pm's would be viewable. Only the 1 that was reported. That would not give the founders access to any other pm's except for the 1 that is being reported, and it would be a pop up copy of that pm not a link to the pm in their box. So how could this be abused? It really couldn't if you stop and run through the facts.

Anyone that tried to abuse this by reporting a pm would soon learn that.
    PromotionEmpire
    PromotionEmpire
    Forumember

Male Posts : 35

Post by PromotionEmpire September 7th 2010, 12:33 am

I agree with the PM Report feature to help with rule breaking cases and security with-in the PM system...
    The_Great_WZ
    The_Great_WZ
    Forumember

Male Posts : 162
    Language : Arabic, French, English & Italian

Post by The_Great_WZ September 7th 2010, 12:49 am

Just Voted !!!
    spirit09
    spirit09
    Forumember

Post by spirit09 September 7th 2010, 1:43 am

Thank you

I think that now people are understanding what the feature is for and how it would be used, it is being seen as intended.

Thank you for your votes.
    spirit09
    spirit09
    Forumember

Post by spirit09 April 27th 2011, 4:06 pm

Please, read the whole thread before adding your comment as most questions have been answered with regard to safety and personal intrusion issues.

Please vote!
    Base
    Base
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
    Language : English and French

Post by Base April 27th 2011, 7:30 pm

Stephen-
    Stephen-
    Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2542
    Language :

Post by Stephen- April 28th 2011, 2:28 am

Vote No Sorry beu
    musket
    musket
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 1130

Post by musket April 28th 2011, 11:52 pm

I voted maybe..If the option is given to the member to allow the founder Admin to view their PM's eg. in cases of abuse but also the option to keep private their PM's after problems have been solved and to lock out anyone from their reading PM's without express permission from the said member Smile

Or an option in their msg box to forward msgs to a moderator Smile
    Jophy
    Jophy
    ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Post by Jophy April 12th 2014, 7:55 am

Suggestion refused as per suggestion clean up.