The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

can i move my forum on forumotion?

Go down

can i move my forum on forumotion? Empty can i move my forum on forumotion?

Post by Pipsta October 21st 2007, 8:54 pm

Can you tell me if it's possible to upload the database from my forum and relocate it to another forumotion address/or create a new one?

I have a forum for about 15 or 20 members. It is just a general chit chat forum for all of us who are already penpals and friends anyway, so we haven't attracted many new members. The problem we are having is that a person is hassling us on the forum and trying to wreck it etc, and this will be the second time he has done this. We have made it hidden from guests, etc, and taken other steps to keep him away. We have only just started this new forum after he wrecked the last one which was with another forum provider.

We are really tired of running away now but don't see any alternative as this person now knows where we are due to someone telling him. We have rectified that problem but we don't want to lose all of our posts, and data which was what happened last time and we had to start from scratch again. Crying or Very sad

Is there any way of us relocating it on here or even forumotion doing it?
Pipsta

Language : English

Back to top Go down

can i move my forum on forumotion? Empty Re: can i move my forum on forumotion?

Post by Guest October 21st 2007, 9:17 pm

There's no way to move posts on forumotion's forums to another host, I don't think it'd be accepted by the technicians either.

Sorry for any inconvenience,
Dragon Man

Back to top Go down