The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search engines don't list my forum

3 posters

Go down

Search engines don't list my forum Empty Search engines don't list my forum

Post by matesan November 1st 2010, 12:34 pm

My forum exists since october 26, it works fine, but google and the other search engines simply don't list it even if I search for its entire name. (You can check it out: freiegeister.friendhood.net.) Any guesses?

Thanks in advance!
matesan

Language : Hungarian

Back to top Go down

Search engines don't list my forum Empty Re: Search engines don't list my forum

Post by kirk November 1st 2010, 3:50 pm

I t takes time for the bots to gather information before it is added in search engines... And you will never know how long it can take.. some peoples can show right away to where others may not show for a wile. it can depend on how amy members and activity you have going as well.

You should add your self to any directories and place as many meta tags as well.. but it's really a matter of the boats gathering info to then be added to their search engines.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Search engines don't list my forum Empty Re: Search engines don't list my forum

Post by Base November 1st 2010, 6:16 pm

That's right, it will take some time for your site to be indexed in search engines and you will know if your site is being indexed because you will see "Bots" in your Who's online? list. Bots are essentially robots that come to your forum to index pages from your forum. Make sure you have displayed Bots to appear in the statistics to be sure of when they come. If you haven't, try:

1. Administration Panel (advanced mode)
2. Display Tab
3. Structure and hierarchy
4. Display bots in statistics of the forum; select yes.

Regards,

Base
Base
Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down