The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it possible to.....

5 posters

Go down

Is it possible to..... Empty Is it possible to.....

Post by middo1 October 27th 2007, 12:20 am

Is it possible to make new groups that are not administrators but they could access the administration panel?
middo1
Forumember

Language : english

http://newhorizons.englishboard.net

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to..... Empty Re: Is it possible to.....

Post by Har Dy October 28th 2007, 1:08 am

middo1 wrote:Is it possible to make new groups that are not administrators but they could access the administration panel?

Yes , I think you can , just don't give them the Administrators Ranking , and give them permission as a Administrators. I think you can, I'm not really sure.
Har Dy
Har Dy
Forumember

Male Posts : 693
Language : English , Vietnamese

Back to top Go down

Post by nar112293 October 28th 2007, 2:53 am

They will be administrators...you just dont have to call them an administrator...
A person who can access the admin panel is an adminstrator...so its kinda pointless.
nar112293
Forumember

Male Posts : 198
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by middo1 October 28th 2007, 3:27 am

nar112293 wrote:They will be administrators...you just dont have to call them an administrator...
A person who can access the admin panel is an adminstrator...so its kinda pointless.

Yes but I have colored groups. For example admins are the color red, therefore if I want to have another group not to be colored red and access the admin panel, how can I do that?
middo1
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 28th 2007, 3:55 am

I'm the admin on my forum and I have my name coloured to associate with a different group.

You will need to add them to the admin group, but just not set the colour for the admin group name. That way, they can be admins, but still have their names match the other group they belong to. However, that means the actual admin won't have the admin group colour either, except you can make a specific group with just the admins name and give that admin the colour red.

Back to top Go down

Post by middo1 October 28th 2007, 3:17 pm

Kyouri wrote:I'm the admin on my forum and I have my name coloured to associate with a different group.

You will need to add them to the admin group, but just not set the colour for the admin group name. That way, they can be admins, but still have their names match the other group they belong to. However, that means the actual admin won't have the admin group colour either, except you can make a specific group with just the admins name and give that admin the colour red.

Ok thanks a lot! Smile

This topic could be closed now
middo1
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by dark_raptor October 28th 2007, 4:41 pm

middo1 wrote:Is it possible to make new groups that are not administrators but they could access the administration panel?
just give them special rank of Administrater but noone else can see that he is an admin Very Happy
dark_raptor
dark_raptor
Forumember

Male Posts : 42
Language : English

http://ultimategamers.darkbb.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Har Dy October 28th 2007, 5:49 pm

dark_raptor wrote:
just give them special rank of Administrater but noone else can see that he is an admin Very Happy
If you give them Special Rank Of Administrators , people will be able to see that he is an Administrators.
Don't give them Special Rank Of Administrators , give them user level as a Administrators!
Har Dy
Har Dy
Forumember

Male Posts : 693
Language : English , Vietnamese

Back to top Go down

Post by Skittles April 20th 2009, 4:21 pm

Turned into support, locking as requested by author. Solved

Garbaged
Skittles
Skittles
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 3013
Language : English, Sarcasm and a bit of Swedish

http://moonlightcafe.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum