The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I want to retrive my domain please.

Go down

I want to retrive my domain please. Empty I want to retrive my domain please.

Post by Namjies November 2nd 2007, 7:21 pm

Sorry, but i'd like my sub-domain from forumotion to be unusable, and with the domain I bought, Is it possible to have only forum.namworld.com, this sub-domain, to work with the forum, but other sub-domains (www.namworld.com, directory.namworld.com, etc.) not redirect to my forum so I can use them on a website host? And how can I use the domain I bought on another website? Because I find it strange because I created an email adress and domain+subdomains on that host with my bought domains without providing anything to them. But if I enter any, it seems I end up redirected to my forum instead of my loaded material.

Edit:Ok, I really need my domain. If anyone can tell me where my domain was registered, and send me back my domain registrar info e-mail again since I lost it, I'll go and get my domain.

Thank you.

Edit: Problem solved on the french forum.

Last edited by on November 8th 2007, 8:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Namjies

Male Posts : 21
Language : English

Back to top Go down

I want to retrive my domain please. Empty Re: I want to retrive my domain please.

Post by Namjies November 2nd 2007, 11:00 pm

But for sure, I want to remove my registered domain from forumotion because I want to use it elsewhere.

There should be a way to do that from my admin panel, like disable domain, would improve domain managing speed. For now I'll just work on my html pages lol, until I can upload and use them.

"headache" Neutral argh, so much code lines
Namjies

Back to top Go down

I want to retrive my domain please. Empty Re: I want to retrive my domain please.

Post by Guest November 3rd 2007, 12:28 am

I'm having the same problem, and I agree.. since there is a way to 'validate' our extern url, we should be able to remove it as well. I removed the 'redirect' tags from the header of my domain, but it still redirects to my portal. Definitely a topic I'll be watching as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Namjies November 3rd 2007, 12:47 am

yeah, well for now I realize managing a website is hard. A CPanel isn't something as easy as this forum control panel, but at least I can place everything I want in it.
Namjies

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 3rd 2007, 5:40 am

I just read an online article that stated we must change the DNS entry for our CNAME. The host I am using automatically does that, but according to this article, it can take up to 2-3 days before it actually changes. However, I'd still like to hear from someone with some experience in this, and let us know if it's something that Forumotion needs to take care of on thier end or not. And if it is, give us some tips on how to stop the redirect from this end, as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Namjies November 3rd 2007, 6:31 am

Well my host added the domain, but for now forumotion uses it, so my host cannot. And I don't know when this could be changed. This is my only problem. But anyway, techies/admins will surely answer in a few days.
Namjies

Back to top Go down

Post by Namjies November 5th 2007, 8:00 pm

Waiting for my domain. Just learned I could change the servers it points to myself. Edited my first post to ask for registration info e-mail to be sent again with place it was registered.
Namjies

Back to top Go down

Post by Namjies November 7th 2007, 9:55 pm

I think the french forum is more appropriate for such request. I had my answer in less than 1 day. Its been waiting here for 5 days and still no answer. I'd suggest to everyone that speak Franch here to post their futur help questions on the French website of forumotion, forumactif.com, since its more active their. After all, it was a french website at its beggining.
Namjies

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 7th 2007, 10:28 pm

Thanks for the information, Namjies. Smile However, that doesn't help me, as I do not speak French. Sad

Back to top Go down