The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Activation

3 posters

Go down

Solved Activation

Post by Zcat December 19th 2010, 11:16 pm

My forum is set-up so people have to register and i receive new user registeration via-email. I actually receive 2 separate emails one lets me activate the account and the other is just telling me when i click on the link to activate their accounts i keep getting "Sorry, but no such user exists." The other email says view users profile; it gives me the link when i click on it says the following:
All about,
No information available
Administrate user : Profile

I have looked everywhere here for help to the problem. I haven't been able to find the answer. I have tried so many different things. I'm afraid i've screwed up more things trying to fix this problem.

I want be able to view profiles before i active accounts, and if possible i would like to see the info of the profile instead of getting "sorry, but no user exist: yet the very user is a members on the site, How do i fix this. I also went under "inactive" and activated 2 accounts, days ago, every since them when i activate the accounts i have to by email and no active users show up there. I'm soooo confused and frustrated! Any help would be grately appreciated!
Zcat
Zcat
Forumember

Female Posts : 95
Language : English

http://politicsandstuff.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Activation

Post by MrMario December 20th 2010, 12:16 am

Isn't much you can do. Just look into the inactive list if the email doesn't show you the user.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by Zcat December 20th 2010, 12:36 am

I had 2 people that i activated form the "inactive tab" ever since them no names show up. I can't view any information on new users when i get the link to activate their account. Its say the info above that i posted. I am so aggravated with this. I'm trying to set my forum on strickly private. I'm now afraid i've messed-up all my setting on this topic trying different things. BTW...I'm new to all this! Thanks
Zcat
Zcat
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket December 20th 2010, 7:15 am

When you activated the users from the inactive tab, they became active members. Check them on the Memberlist.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by Zcat December 20th 2010, 2:00 pm

Thank you Sanket.
Zcat
Zcat
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket December 20th 2010, 4:20 pm

Since this thread appears to be solved, I will lock this thread and mark it as solved.
Activation 2j4t5a8

Sanket Smile

Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down