The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moving off-topic posts

2 posters

Go down

Moving off-topic posts Empty Moving off-topic posts

Post by jaebaeli Fri 9 Nov 2007 - 4:57

I have read through many of the posts on this, using search, but haven't found this particular question addressed. ...

Sometimes when posters begin a conversation in posts, they move away from the original topic. I want to be able to move each of those posts to a new, more on-topic forum, perhaps even in another category. Sometimes, the first few posts are on-topic, so i don't want to move THOSE.

I tried creating a new topic under the proper category/forum, but then when I used the moderate features to move it, but had trouble with this feature before--when i tried to edit the posts i had moved, it ALSO edited them where they originated. So i am hesitant to try this again.

I also wanted to delete the COPY of the poll and the first few posts, so that the new thread would begin where the topic deviated into this new topic....but i saw no way to do that other than the "Close poll" option on the right at the "X". I don't want the poll to close on the original topic.

I have considered the copy and paste method for each post i want to move, but then the posts don't show up under each poster's name, they are just posted under mine. Basically, i want to just RELOCATE certain posts to the new, more on-topic forum, leaving the ones behind that are on topic.

Does that make sense?

In summary:
Question How do I move certain posts to a new topic, and edit out the off-topic material without affecting the original topic from whence it sprang?

thanks for any insight.
Jae
jaebaeli
jaebaeli
Forumember

Female Posts : 169
Language : english

http://KindredInkWriters.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Moving off-topic posts Empty Re: Moving off-topic posts

Post by Shadow Fri 9 Nov 2007 - 15:27

Hello,
click on "split" > check the posts you want to move > click "split selected posts".
Don't forget to give a title in "new topic title" Wink
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down