The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two questions

2 posters

Go down

Two questions Empty Two questions

Post by KittenGrey January 12th 2011, 7:35 pm

I have an rp site, and I use the main rp as a sticky so it;s easy for everyone to find. This morning when I went to check it, the forum had split itself.
Pictured here

As you can see, there are two of the same forum. One is a sticky, and one is not. I was wondering why it split itself, and where in the admin panel I can go to fix it.

I appreciate any help with this.

So after some heavy searching, I found the 'forumotion limitations' topic which stated that once a topic hits 990 post, it locks and splits.
Now, also on the topic of posts and posting, I was wondering if there was a way to display more then 5 previous posts below when replying to a topic.

Last edited by KittenGrey on January 14th 2011, 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total
KittenGrey

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Two questions Empty Re: Two questions

Post by KittenGrey January 12th 2011, 10:07 pm

Ok, so I had fixed it. I split the all the posts from one forum and merged them to the other
well guess what?
It split itself again, and all the work I did of splitting and merging was completely undone.

So, obviously it's not just a sticky thing. Where do I go to edit the limit of posts in a topic? I can't find the option in my admin panel anywhere
KittenGrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubber Ducky January 12th 2011, 10:17 pm

ACP >> General >> Messages and Emails >> Configuration >> Posts Per Page >> Set it to whatever amount of posts you want per page.
Rubber Ducky
Rubber Ducky
Forumember

Male Posts : 245

http://www.webdesignz.createforum.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by KittenGrey January 13th 2011, 2:39 am

That's not the problem though. It's not how many post per page, it's the limit of pages per topic.
Though thank you for reminding me where that option was. I keep forgetting that the 'messaging and emails' section is for all messages and not just 'pms' and such xD
KittenGrey

Back to top Go down

Post by KittenGrey January 14th 2011, 6:58 am

Also, in regards to posting, where can I change how many posts are displayed when you're replying?
KittenGrey

Back to top Go down