The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Text Does Not Show Easily On Background....

4 posters

Go down

Text Does Not Show Easily On Background.... Empty Text Does Not Show Easily On Background....

Post by Alexis1987 Thu 13 Jan - 7:40

Hello, there. I'm experiencing this ONE problem with my forum and I can't solve it for the life of me.

Skin: Graphic Design
Version: phpbb3

The problem is this:

Text Does Not Show Easily On Background.... 5llC4d2e7c7cda65f

and on my portal page:

Text Does Not Show Easily On Background.... Rt5g4d2e7c7cce6a4

The text is too dark for the background. Some of my members are getting on in age and can't see it at all. Is there anyway to change this? I would preferably like to change the text color...but failing that I don't mind changing the background color. Some help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Alexis1987

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Text Does Not Show Easily On Background.... Empty Re: Text Does Not Show Easily On Background....

Post by patiogardener Thu 13 Jan - 8:01

To edit the text colour on your portal page go to Admin Panel>Display>Pictures & colors>Colors & text size>Text color>edit colour>Click Save. This is the same page where you can also change the background colour.

Re your first question. I presume it is the field under the members' avatars where you want to edit the text colour. If you do not want to change your background colour you can edit this text in Users & Groups. Use Advanced mode for this if you haven't already. Go to Users>Fields>Modify whichever text you want to change>Click Save.
patiogardener
patiogardener
Forumember

Female Posts : 351

http://apatiogarden.com

Back to top Go down

Text Does Not Show Easily On Background.... Empty Re: Text Does Not Show Easily On Background....

Post by Alexis1987 Thu 13 Jan - 14:23

Thank you for the response. With respect to changing the text color on the portal page, I tried that. It only changes the text color of the posts and such - not the color of those headings.

As to changing the color of the name under the Avatar pic...what I have is Users And Groups>Profile>...but there is nothing to change there that affects it. I heavily suspect this theme might very well need a bit of CSS code to alter.

And yes, I have cleared my cache and cookies etc. and tried again. *Sigh* Once again, thanks for the response and effort.

Now, anyone else? Crying or Very sad
Alexis1987

Back to top Go down

Post by Maki1 Thu 13 Jan - 14:34

I need to see your forum so can you post the link here...
Maki1
Maki1
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2529
Language : English »» CSS Stylesheet
Location : The » Support » forum » Section! • No support by PM If you need custom theme please contact me!

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis1987 Thu 13 Jan - 15:06

I actually went and started from scratch in case with all the modifications I did I messed something up. Obviously I didn't as even on a clean slate the problem is there. I really like the Graphic Design skin - a lot. It's just that ONE thing about it that seems to have needed a little more thought.

Test Forum

See the dark text where it says: PLEASE ENTER YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD TO LOG IN.

REGISTER

etc?

EDIT: Should I post a copy of my CSS in case anyone might know of some kind of code edit to change that heading color?

Alexis1987

Back to top Go down

Post by patiogardener Thu 13 Jan - 22:55

Was there nowhere in Users & groups>Profiles to modify the text colour???
patiogardener
patiogardener
Forumember

Female Posts : 351

http://apatiogarden.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis1987 Thu 13 Jan - 23:34

@joybells: when you modify the color there it only changes the color of the FIELDS. What I need is perhaps a bit of code to change the TITLE color on those pages as that is the black bit. Not the profile's fields.
Alexis1987

Back to top Go down

Post by Tea9000 Fri 14 Jan - 8:57

I'm having this same problem, it's driving me nuts, I have changed every option I could find. Made every single font white and still it stays dark blue......someone help....

http://invictusonambry.forumotion.com/
Tea9000

Language : Las Vegas

Back to top Go down

Post by Tea9000 Fri 14 Jan - 9:15

Ok after browsing through the forum I did find this bit of code...

.postprofile {
color: #ffffff;}

Copy and paste it into your css code.

It helped with the user names, but the administrator names and moderators didnt change, I'm assuming the code has to be edited for them.....if anyone knows what it is, let me know please, otherwise I'll keep looking...
Tea9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Tea9000 Fri 14 Jan - 10:11

Ok i inspected the page element and located the code to this portion

Style Attribute {
color: #009;
}

But I assume this is html, is there a way to convert this too css?
Tea9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Tea9000 Fri 14 Jan - 12:04

ok i figured it out, first you post the initial part I mentioned earlier into the css

Then you have to modify the color of moderators seperately.
It's in users and groups>groups>group administration, pick the moderator group then you can change the color.
Tea9000

Back to top Go down