The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHY are My Forums Signature Links NO FOLLOW

2 posters

Go down

WHY are My Forums Signature Links NO FOLLOW Empty WHY are My Forums Signature Links NO FOLLOW

Post by Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa 11/2/2011, 08:10

I recently installed a firefox SEO plug in, and found out that my forums links are NO FOLLOW ! This sucks! No wonder why many of my regular posters have abandoned my forum to post on forums that ARE DO FOLLOW!
Can this be changed ?
Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa

Language : english

Back to top Go down

WHY are My Forums Signature Links NO FOLLOW Empty Re: WHY are My Forums Signature Links NO FOLLOW

Post by MrMario 11/2/2011, 08:12

Hello,

What do you mean? Could you explain more?
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

WHY are My Forums Signature Links NO FOLLOW Empty Re: WHY are My Forums Signature Links NO FOLLOW

Post by Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa 11/2/2011, 08:18

Yes, all my forum signature links are NO FOLLOW, meaning the forum software is telling Google NOT to follow the links. This means my posters do not get any link juice for posting on my forum! This is an old school attempt to preserve page rank and stop spam, but posters of today are smart. They will see the Forums NO FOLLOW links, and go post somewhere else on a forum that is DO FOLLOW, and will give them some link juice for posting there. This is a serious problem! Forum Owners need to have the ability to change this. VBulletin and Simple Machines have options to set either Do or No Follow, as do many other PHP Forums.
Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario 11/2/2011, 08:57

Could you post me a link to where this is or a screenshot?
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down