The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new forum widgets + "similar topics" widget

2 posters

Go down

new forum widgets + "similar topics" widget Empty new forum widgets + "similar topics" widget

Post by nutella Tue Mar 15 2011, 23:25

Hello!
I would like to make a question regarding forum widgets. I tried to find it out myself study , but unfortunately I couldn't..
So, I would like to add the following widgets:

1. a widget showing the latest NEW topics (not the recent answers, i have this already)

2. a widget showing the blogs of my members (something like a blogroll) with the latest posts (most of the blogs are from blogspot). At first I will add the blogs manually probably and they will show the latest posts from the RSS feed? I am not sure how it works scratch scratch scratch . In blogspot we just add the blog url and it works automaticly....

3. a widget showing the NEWEST MEMBERS

Also, could someone explain me, how exactly the "similar topics" widget work? I added it to the forum, but it is not appearing......

Thank you in advance flower
nutella

Language : Greek

Back to top Go down

new forum widgets + "similar topics" widget Empty Re: new forum widgets + "similar topics" widget

Post by nutella Wed Mar 16 2011, 00:33

Thank you so much for such a detailed explanation!!!! :wouhou:
The truth is, that I already have some widgets and I am familiar with their installation...

for 1 & 3, I probably should explain it better.
1. I already have the "recent topics" widget. it's the scrollbox showing the topics that were answered recently. But now I am looking for a widget showing the latest NEW topics, so the members can see them, even if there were no answers.
3. the statistics widget shows only the 1 last member. Is it possible to show the last 4-5??

Thanks for the blogs widget cheers ! I thought maybe it was possible to have something more complicated (with RSS), but I think this one will work just great! Will try to create it (and maybe add some html)
nutella

Back to top Go down

new forum widgets + "similar topics" widget Empty Re: new forum widgets + "similar topics" widget

Post by nutella Wed Mar 16 2011, 00:51

The blogs widget works great! I added the following code

Code:
<small>
<a href="BLOG LINK">BLOG NAME</a> USERNAME <br>
</small>
nutella

Back to top Go down

Post by nutella Wed Mar 16 2011, 00:55

also. i can't find a way to add a radio to the forum. Is there a way to create radio widget????
The station i want to add is this http://www.babyradio.gr/_mediaPlayer/index2.php
nutella

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario Wed Mar 16 2011, 05:31

Please don’t double and or triple post. Post need to be separated by 24 hours before bumping, replying or adding more information. Please use the edit button.
You would need to go to a radio site and get the code. Once you do that, create a widget and place the code.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down