The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Database Request

3 posters

Go down

Database Request Empty Database Request

Post by iHTTP March 19th 2011, 2:24 am

Hello,

I'm looking to gain a backup of the Database that you hold of a forum system that i currently use on Forummotion - However after reading through some articles on here this doesn't directly state this is possible - however, the previous being the case you have no legal right to withhold data from me - Due inconsistencies as part of your terms of service i would like to request this data.

Due to the nature of the inconsistencies, i will be happy to help clear these up.

You can contact me directly via e-mail (for obvious reasons i don't want to ruin what you have built up so far)

Regards, iHTTP
iHTTP

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Database Request Empty Re: Database Request

Post by Sanket March 19th 2011, 7:59 am

Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by iHTTP March 19th 2011, 10:06 am

Okay since you didnt decide to email me we can discuss it here.

That above post looks lovely, but I wish I could care - at time of posting this when your sign up you have no refererence to this in your terms and conditions.

Your terms of service also contradict them selfsame heaivly and make no sends what so ever.

As requested I'm looking for am SQL backup of a forum system please.

iHTTP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket March 19th 2011, 10:43 am

Well, i guess you did not read the TOS while registering neither did you do it now.

https://www.forumotion.com/en/create-forum/terms-of-service.htm

Data and security
Everything is done to avoid any slowdown or unexpected downtime of the services, but it is not possible to guarantee these slowdowns, or to foresee any downtime. None network or server problem or any other breakdown can be covered under any warranty. None repayment can be considered for any break or stop of the services, damage or data loss. Several systems have been set up to ensure a security of the content. Thus, a backup of the whole data is done everyday. But for any reason, none individual backup or sql dump, database will be provided. Please do take good note that for any evoked reasons, no precise safeguard of a forum, dump, backup of the data will be provided. However, the administrator of the forum has at his disposal, a tool which allows him to use these backups in order to restore his board, such as it was at a previous date.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by iHTTP March 19th 2011, 11:06 am

Responsibility of contents
You acknowledge and convene that any information, code, data, text, software, music, sound, photograph, picture, graphics, video, chat, messages, feature, or any other content, if transmitted publicly or in private, are the only responsibility of the person from whom the content comes from.. This means that you are, and in any case, entirely responsible of any content that you upload/download, post, send by e-mail or transmitted by any other way, than via the services. In none circumstance, Forumotion.com will be held responsible in any way or any content from a user or from a third-party, including but not limited, for any mistake or omission in these contents, or for any loss or damage of this kind, by the fact of the use of these contents noticed and, sent by e-mail or transmitted in any way via the services.

I refer you to this section - the data is the responcability of the user - thus granting intellectual rights.
iHTTP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket March 19th 2011, 8:16 pm

Don't you understand what its written for? It just says that the content is your responsibility. No where it mentions that its supposed to give away this content.

There is no point discussing this, since Databases are not given.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by iHTTP March 19th 2011, 8:25 pm

Sanket wrote:Don't you understand what its written for? It just says that the content is your responsibility. No where it mentions that its supposed to give away this content.

There is no point discussing this, since Databases are not given.

You as a "Company" are passing liability to users about there data, however you grant them no real access to move away.

You also keep referring to "https://help.forumotion.com/juridical-tutorials-f40/forumotion-s-forum-databases-t6668.htm#35481" in various posts throughout this entire website, however you don't actually mention this in your terms and conditions.

Your ToS also uses the term "None" which is completely nonsense, as it doesn't make sense half the time it is used.

Onto another note; you offer the service to "Import/Export your existing phpBB forum!" - Now if you do this, a user is bringing there database to your service, What would be the scenario if they were to leave? Because you can't withhold data that they have moved to you?
iHTTP

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario March 19th 2011, 8:35 pm

Forumotion owns the database. They own the service and their software. If you were to get the database then I would be able to request it too, but since I can't get the database then you or any other user can't. If you want you can contact Typlo for more info. I can tell you this he's going to say the same thing anyways so its pointless of asking. This topic is closed.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down