The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Help] How to span a 'Logo' Across the entire header.

2 posters

Go down

[Help] How to span a 'Logo' Across the entire header. Empty [Help] How to span a 'Logo' Across the entire header.

Post by AaronW April 30th 2011, 7:08 am

I have been trying to look over some CSS scripts but I'm not entirely up on how to use CSS. I currently have an image for the logo that I wanted to span across the entire black part of the header in my forum. I thought changing the width of the image in PS would do the job but the forum seems to re-size it. Is this at all possible? And if so can I sue CSS to do so? The last time I used CSS it replaced my entire current skin and only the CSS I used was visible, the rest of my skin and themes were gone.

I'll give the URL for my forum so that thus who try and help will see that I don't want the image to span across the ENTIRE top part, but rather just the black part of the header.

Forum URL = http://msucadventdestiny.forumotion.com/

Thanks in advance.
AaronW
Forumember

Male Posts : 33
Language : English

Back to top Go down

[Help] How to span a 'Logo' Across the entire header. Empty Re: [Help] How to span a 'Logo' Across the entire header.

Post by AaronW May 1st 2011, 8:09 pm

Okay, well I believe I can certainly bump this now... given that this topic has had 67 some odd views and no one has attempted to help me yet.

So... Bump.
AaronW
Forumember

Back to top Go down

[Help] How to span a 'Logo' Across the entire header. Empty Re: [Help] How to span a 'Logo' Across the entire header.

Post by Nera. May 1st 2011, 8:35 pm

Hi there,
Try adding logo through CSS. First remove the one in pictures managment and than add this to CSS
Code:
#logo-desc {
    background: url("YOUR PICTURE LINK HERE") repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
    height: 250px;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
    text-align: center;
    width: 1200px;
}

Nera.
Nera.
Energetic

Female Posts : 7078

Back to top Go down

Post by AaronW May 1st 2011, 8:41 pm

When you say add this to CSS, how do you mean? Everytime I have attempted to use CSS with this theme I have on, I simply copy paste the CSS into the empty CSS style sheet and when I preview the forum it is ALL out of whack and its like my entire theme is lost save for whatever I wanted in the CSS stylesheet?

So do you mean that I should copy the Basic CSS and paste it in the CSS stylesheet, and then add your CSS code to that?

Or can I simply paste your CSS code into the empty stylesheet and it will work?
AaronW
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Nera. May 1st 2011, 8:46 pm

Simply paste it to your empty CSS. - add the photo link
It will work if you put in your photo (the one sized 1200 not this one on header now)
This is done with the smaller photo so it overlaps with yours will look diffrent.
http://i.imm.io/5mnA.png
Did you want that?
Nera.
Nera.
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by AaronW May 1st 2011, 8:47 pm

Well I'm not sure, the code seems to work save for the fact that it repeats horizontally and vertically and I don't want it to do that. Also it seems to place it on the left side. So using this code, what do I do to place it in the center with no repeating on the sides or up/down? I basically want the one image to span across the header but not repeat like it is doing now.
AaronW
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Nera. May 1st 2011, 8:49 pm

You have to put the photo that is 1 200 width and 250 height and it wont do that.
Nera.
Nera.
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by AaronW May 1st 2011, 8:53 pm

It doesn't matter which image I use it still repeats. I just tried the 800x250, the 1200x250, and the 2000x250 and they ALL repeat
AaronW
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by AaronW May 1st 2011, 9:03 pm

Ok, the 'repeat' portion of your code needed to be changed to say 'no-repeat' and that fixed the problem. However I don't know how to center the logo now or how to make it so that the logo retains its ability to take you back to the home page when it is clicked on. Anyone have ideas?
AaronW
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Nera. May 1st 2011, 9:06 pm

The problem is you are using Imageshack, and when you're uploading a photo you must choose 'do not resize' because the host will resize it.

I did it with a photo I enhanced via PS and uploaded (clicked do not resize), this one
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img197/5893/1200x250sitebanner.png

And this is the resault, see =>
http://i.imm.io/5mpp.png

Edit: we posted at the same time.
For the second problem, do a completely transparent photo in PS and put it in your Admin panel >> Picture Managment >> Forum logo and you'll be able to click on it. That's the simplyest way.
Nera.
Nera.
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by AaronW May 1st 2011, 9:16 pm

Ah. Alright that worked. However, if my browser window is not maximized now, the image sticks out over the board wrap. Is there anything I can do to fix that? This makes me think that for different resolution computers, people are either going to see it the way it should be or see that it hangs over.
AaronW
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Nera. May 1st 2011, 9:22 pm

I don't really have the answer when I can't see the problem. This is how it looks for me now.
http://i.imm.io/5mqL.png
But you could wait for someone else to have a look.
Or since your problem was happening do to uploading you could try to return it in picture managment and see does it fit now.
If not leave it like this and wait an answer bye
Nera.
Nera.
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by AaronW May 1st 2011, 9:24 pm

... You could see the answer, you just have to minimize your browser window and it hangs over (as opposed to the window being maximized). But yeah I guess I'll just wait. Thanks for the help.
AaronW
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Nera. May 1st 2011, 9:26 pm

When I minimize it it looks the same to me like on the photo I gave you. You welcome (:
Nera.
Nera.
Energetic

Back to top Go down