The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
+67
kenty
katie22plus3
MISA
Wotserface
Tihonov
viho1
Rianna Lauren
Suse,Libby&D
Hanibal Cullen
Nera.
happyd
akosilery
eharris
MrMario
Spider Man
mandy_grace
Amy Mc
CarlaandCallum
Sir Manguydude
Cry Vengeance
Shell-x
LauraTrelly
sleigh
VacB0B
ADestroyer360
stealerozz
Ezio
Honeybunnya
Kaynil
MADBIKER1960
dmoffatt
darkspectre
MiniMeg
peppapig
Darren1
BLACK SNOW 13
FoundDa Kiwi
jmostrenko
Super Mega King
marioandthestuntbubs
Tilum
gemz
EmVar
Dexta117
Fattyboy122
eaustinn36
Maikeru Shinigami
SemoandHaribo
!_NICK_!
WHITESABBATH
pennyc
Gangstar15
Stephen-
Irian
venu238
lisa1302
***AFINA***
Nomee
ReDMaD
E-Mark
mara77
Russel
verrell123
gameface101
Emilio
c3vietk
Base
71 posters

Best of ForuMotion - Season 2011 - Round 4 Voting

Poll

Which forum do you like best?

[ 92 ]
    Best of ForuMotion - Season 2011 - Round 4 Voting - Page 3 Bar_left39%Best of ForuMotion - Season 2011 - Round 4 Voting - Page 3 Bar_right [39%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Best of ForuMotion - Season 2011 - Round 4 Voting - Page 3 Bar_left3%Best of ForuMotion - Season 2011 - Round 4 Voting - Page 3 Bar_right [3%] 
    [ 33 ]
    Best of ForuMotion - Season 2011 - Round 4 Voting - Page 3 Bar_left14%Best of ForuMotion - Season 2011 - Round 4 Voting - Page 3 Bar_right [14%] 
    [ 39 ]
    Best of ForuMotion - Season 2011 - Round 4 Voting - Page 3 Bar_left16%Best of ForuMotion - Season 2011 - Round 4 Voting - Page 3 Bar_right [16%] 
    [ 67 ]
    Best of ForuMotion - Season 2011 - Round 4 Voting - Page 3 Bar_left28%Best of ForuMotion - Season 2011 - Round 4 Voting - Page 3 Bar_right [28%] 

Total Votes: 237
    Base
    Base
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 10383
    Language : English and French

Best of ForuMotion - Season 2011 - Round 4 Voting - Page 3 Empty Best of ForuMotion - Season 2011 - Round 4 Voting

Post by Base May 21st 2011, 10:30 am

First topic message reminder :

Best of ForuMotion - Season 2011 - Round 4 Voting

It's been a very competitive competition so far, and for my first year on the judging panel I would just like to say that it's been a real pleasure to be here and to see such a great number of amazing forums out there. You guys have really done a lot and put a lot of effort into your forums to make it as good as they are in order to have progressed this far in the competition. Very Happy

Now, it is time to decide the Top 3 forums from this round out of the top five forums that we, the judges, have decided to put through based on some serious discussion and long hours of evaluation from the forums that made it to the previous round. I believe this is the last round of the competition so please choose carefully on who you vote for as it will ultimately decide the winner!

And there can only be one winner... who will it be? I shall leave that into your capable hands. Wink

My condolences to all those who did not make it, but we wish you the very best of luck for the future and we hope to see you enter in any future competitions that we might have. Anyway, here is the forums that have made it through (in no particular order):

Congratulations to...

http://www.babiesandall.com/
    http://www.geekpolice.net/
    http://www.worlddezign.com/
    http://www.webartzforum.com/
    http://www.undead-xbox.com/

Voting is now open! Good luck. Very Happy

CarlaandCallum

Language : english

Best of ForuMotion - Season 2011 - Round 4 Voting - Page 3 Empty Re: Best of ForuMotion - Season 2011 - Round 4 Voting

Post by CarlaandCallum May 23rd 2011, 9:03 pm

Babiesandall to win!x
    Love it! Couldnt be without it, Met some lovely people through the forum.
    LauraTrelly

Language : British

Best of ForuMotion - Season 2011 - Round 4 Voting - Page 3 Empty Re: Best of ForuMotion - Season 2011 - Round 4 Voting

Post by LauraTrelly May 23rd 2011, 9:04 pm

^^^ just to add, my post wasnt intended to get any sympathy from the judges, and wouldnt want it to sway any decisions made.

Im the luckiest person in the world, I dont need sympathy Wink

I am sure that the judges will choose the best forum - good luck everybody x
    marioandthestuntbubs

Post by marioandthestuntbubs May 23rd 2011, 9:13 pm

I dont recall anyone asking for a sympathy vote. A forum like banda is bound to have more personal stories because of the nature of its ethos. Guess im biased as a banda member but it shouldnt win because of personal stories you are correct, It should win because it is clean to look at, easy to use with interesting features and it isnt something else first and a forum second. Its a forum first which a community has grown out of. Its not been going as long as some but in a short time has achieved an awesome amount. 100,000 thread comments from only 300 members in less than a year? Thats why i would vote banda even if i wasnt a member
    Amy Mc

Language : English

Post by Amy Mc May 23rd 2011, 9:37 pm

Babies And All all the way. It has given me support when noone else was there. It is a community of people from all walks of life brought together. Lisa has done an amazing job with the forum and i will be eternally grateful. These people will be in my life forever. x
    mandy_grace

Post by mandy_grace May 23rd 2011, 9:49 pm

I voted for babies and all. Contrary to an earlier post, pregnancy and parenting doesn't come naturally to everyone, there are challenges to becoming a parent every day, you only have to look at some of the forums and you will see some truly inspirational mums on there that are faced with hardship every single day. Lisa has created a wonderful forum for us to share advice not only on being parents but on everyday things.

It's just a shame that members of other forums seem to be singling us out for being in the lead :wouhou: Go BANDA Laughing
    Spider Man
    Spider Man

Post by Spider Man May 23rd 2011, 10:37 pm

I voted for UndeadXbox cause thats where your friendly neighborhood Spiderman lives! Good luck everyone and remember, Stay in School!

Last edited by Spider Man on May 24th 2011, 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total
    VacB0B

Post by VacB0B May 23rd 2011, 11:12 pm

even though geekpolice only has 5 votes or so i think they should be in the top 3. there forum from the looks of its statistics has more activity then some. not saying some are worse that others, just saying even the forum with the least votes has major potential to come in first.

tough competition.
    Tilum
    Tilum
    Active Poster

Male Posts : 1756

Post by Tilum May 24th 2011, 12:08 am

Cry Vengeance wrote:Undead-Xbox.

Not for a sympathy vote, but because they worked their collective asses off for 3 years to get to where they are today.

Also, Tilum. It's best to keep your moderation powers in line and used in a professional light. You can't just censor anyone you please because it makes you feel uncomfortable or upsets you, it comes with the job. It's your task to keep the contest fair and clean, not to let your emotions cloud your judgement.

Check your inbox. Best of ForuMotion - Season 2011 - Round 4 Voting - Page 3 Redface

~ Tilum
    Sir Manguydude

Post by Sir Manguydude May 24th 2011, 12:14 am

marioandthestuntbubs wrote:I dont recall anyone asking for a sympathy vote. A forum like banda is bound to have more personal stories because of the nature of its ethos. Guess im biased as a banda member but it shouldnt win because of personal stories you are correct, It should win because it is clean to look at, easy to use with interesting features and it isnt something else first and a forum second. Its a forum first which a community has grown out of. Its not been going as long as some but in a short time has achieved an awesome amount. 100,000 thread comments from only 300 members in less than a year? Thats why i would vote banda even if i wasnt a member

Them there are fighting words. Back in my day, mothers didn't need help raising a kid. If you are going to deny this fact, lets see here. October of 1969 was when ARPANET was released. The public gained access to the Internet in 1991 and by 1996 the word Internet was common knowledge. The first internet forum was created as early as 1994. Now you can say that Internet forums are an evolved form of the Dial-up Bulletin Board System from the Late '70s but I imagine none of you have heard of that. Assuming a mother to mother forum was formed in 1994, parents have been raising their kids up right with basic primary and secondary socialization for over 200,000 years. Thus I don't believe a forum is truly helping anyone raise their child. If anything it might actually hinder human evolution, as are medical advances, as the(sorry if I sound completely Nazi here) the undesirable DNA is able to reenter the Gene pool, and breaking the "Survival of the Fittest" rule.

I digress, I really don't care on the matter, I just like to inform people of random information, in a non-angry retort. Long story short, you shouldn't try to make fun of UX's point as a community first, forum second. Without community being a forum is pointless, as you don't advance in social behaviors and interactions.

Sincerely,
    Sir Manguydude
    Cry Vengeance
    Cry Vengeance

Male Posts : 18

Post by Cry Vengeance May 24th 2011, 2:32 am

Well, all facts aside.

Banda, good forum.
    UX, good forum.

The gloves are off folks!
    !_NICK_!
    !_NICK_!
    Active Poster

Male Posts : 1505
    Language : English, HTML, and CSS

Post by !_NICK_! May 24th 2011, 2:49 am

I have seen some more argues. I wouldn't be surprised to see some people get disqualifications.
    MrMario
    MrMario
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 22186
    Language : test

Post by MrMario May 24th 2011, 3:29 am

I have to say, I'm really sad to see many off chit chat/rude comments on this contest. I would really love it to stop right away! I know you should be allowed to speak your mind, but having arguments/being plain rude to someone or someone's forum/work is just not right. This will be the last warning.
    eharris

Post by eharris May 24th 2011, 9:13 am

Vote Banda :wouhou:
    marioandthestuntbubs

Post by marioandthestuntbubs May 24th 2011, 10:09 am

Sir Manguydude wrote:
    marioandthestuntbubs wrote:I dont recall anyone asking for a sympathy vote. A forum like banda is bound to have more personal stories because of the nature of its ethos. Guess im biased as a banda member but it shouldnt win because of personal stories you are correct, It should win because it is clean to look at, easy to use with interesting features and it isnt something else first and a forum second. Its a forum first which a community has grown out of. Its not been going as long as some but in a short time has achieved an awesome amount. 100,000 thread comments from only 300 members in less than a year? Thats why i would vote banda even if i wasnt a member

Them there are fighting words. Back in my day, mothers didn't need help raising a kid. If you are going to deny this fact, lets see here. October of 1969 was when ARPANET was released. The public gained access to the Internet in 1991 and by 1996 the word Internet was common knowledge. The first internet forum was created as early as 1994. Now you can say that Internet forums are an evolved form of the Dial-up Bulletin Board System from the Late '70s but I imagine none of you have heard of that. Assuming a mother to mother forum was formed in 1994, parents have been raising their kids up right with basic primary and secondary socialization for over 200,000 years. Thus I don't believe a forum is truly helping anyone raise their child. If anything it might actually hinder human evolution, as are medical advances, as the(sorry if I sound completely Nazi here) the undesirable DNA is able to reenter the Gene pool, and breaking the "Survival of the Fittest" rule.

I digress, I really don't care on the matter, I just like to inform people of random information, in a non-angry retort. Long story short, you shouldn't try to make fun of UX's point as a community first, forum second. Without community being a forum is pointless, as you don't advance in social behaviors and interactions.

Sincerely,
    Sir Manguydude

No fighting words nor mockery intended. Sorry if you felt that was so. Go banda
    akosilery
    akosilery

Language : Tagalog

Post by akosilery May 24th 2011, 12:58 pm

happyd

Post by happyd May 24th 2011, 1:07 pm

voted for babiesandall
    Nera.
    Nera.
    Energetic

Female Posts : 7078

Post by Nera. May 24th 2011, 1:52 pm

WebArtz (:
    Hanibal Cullen
    Hanibal Cullen

Language : Bosanski, English, Spanish

Post by Hanibal Cullen May 24th 2011, 1:56 pm

Web Artz ofc. Very Happy
    Darren1
    Darren1
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Post by Darren1 May 24th 2011, 2:08 pm

Final hours to vote, us judges are preparing to make our decisions, were so close I can feel a tickle in my toe's Laughing

Good luck all, it's time to pull out all the stops to win, all the votes count Exclamation Exclamation

Last edited by Darren1 on May 24th 2011, 2:12 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Sorry Mario, have to stand out)
    eharris

Post by eharris May 24th 2011, 2:18 pm

Not long to go.. exciting Hello
    Suse,Libby&D

Post by Suse,Libby&D May 24th 2011, 2:32 pm

Voted - BandA all the way!!!! Very Happy
    Rianna Lauren
    Rianna Lauren
    Forumember

Female Posts : 288
    Language : English, Indonesian

Post by Rianna Lauren May 24th 2011, 3:02 pm

WebArtz! :]
    Gangstar15
    Gangstar15
    Forumember

Female Posts : 392

Post by Gangstar15 May 24th 2011, 3:26 pm

There we go xD World Dezign will not win xD even not the 3rd place ;D
    viho1
    Forumember

Post by viho1 May 24th 2011, 3:27 pm

Darren1, you said "Final Hours" not sure how long you mean, but yesterday you said the poll was being brought forward until Wednesday.

We have been expecting the poll to stay open until tomorrow as you said.
    Darren1
    Darren1
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Post by Darren1 May 24th 2011, 3:48 pm

Gangstar, u'll still be mentioned in the finale results Mr. Green
    Viho1, dont fret, Wednesday is still the end date, its just "Final hours" makes it seem closer than it actally is, and seems fancier too Smile
    And now, im off to sleep Twisted Evil

Last edited by Darren1 on May 25th 2011, 2:19 am; edited 2 times in total
    Gangstar15
    Gangstar15
    Forumember

Female Posts : 392

Post by Gangstar15 May 24th 2011, 4:03 pm

That's sounds nice! Very Happy
    viho1
    Forumember

Post by viho1 May 24th 2011, 4:47 pm

Darren1 wrote:Viho1, dont fret, Wednesday is still the end date, its just "Final hours" makes it seem closer than it actally is, and seems fancier too Smile

You tricky devil.
    Tihonov

Language : Russian, French, English, dutch

Post by Tihonov May 24th 2011, 5:34 pm

WebArtz!
    Wotserface
    Wotserface
    Forumember

Female Posts : 25

Post by Wotserface May 24th 2011, 6:40 pm

I voted for babiesandall I think it's not just aesthetically good but the content is invaluable thumright

Last edited by Wotserface on May 25th 2011, 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
    MISA
    MISA
    Forumember

Male Posts : 80
    Language : Serbian, English, Spanish

Post by MISA May 24th 2011, 7:24 pm

Current date/time is September 23rd 2024, 8:33 pm