Stopping Group Moderators Adding Members to Their Group Without Join Requests Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
4 posters

Stopping Group Moderators Adding Members to Their Group Without Join Requests

Shroomsday

Language : English

Stopping Group Moderators Adding Members to Their Group Without Join Requests Empty Stopping Group Moderators Adding Members to Their Group Without Join Requests

Post by Shroomsday May 30th 2011, 5:21 am

I want to let certain members lead usergroups but currently if I put them in charge they can just add as many members as they like to their group without the aforementioned members doing anything. How can I set it so that they can only approve people who join the group by choice?

Or do I have to be the group moderator in every case to prevent this from happening?
    DarkGlow
    DarkGlow
    Forumember

Male Posts : 629
    Language : English | Hebrew | Arabic

Stopping Group Moderators Adding Members to Their Group Without Join Requests Empty Re: Stopping Group Moderators Adding Members to Their Group Without Join Requests

Post by DarkGlow May 30th 2011, 6:33 am

I don't actually think that's possible. You'd at least order them to stop doing that unless they apply or something.
    Base
    Base
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
    Language : English and French

Stopping Group Moderators Adding Members to Their Group Without Join Requests Empty Re: Stopping Group Moderators Adding Members to Their Group Without Join Requests

Post by Base May 30th 2011, 8:59 am

That's right, there's nothing that can be done to stop them from adding new members to the group. All you could do is to ask them to not to do it.
    kirk
    kirk
    Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
    Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Post by kirk May 31st 2011, 10:00 am

yeah and if they continue to do it then just say they will no longer be a moderator on your forum.

You can always check you logs to see who is doing what, but i am sure if you tell your staff you only want admins to place members in groups, that thy will respect it.. or set up a staff board where you moderators can post and request a member to be placed in the group.