The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arcades

5 posters

Go down

Solved Arcades

Post by ejacobus June 17th 2011, 4:36 am

I'm looking to add arcade games to my forum. Are there some examples of forums that have them so I can see my options in what I'd be creating?

Is it possible to set up the games so the forum members can see one another's scores and boast when they have highest score and so forth?

Thanks
ejacobus
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Arcades

Post by cecesaun1 June 17th 2011, 7:06 am

I have them on my forum. I have one section for members only and another for guest and members. Here is an example: http://www.cstylessims3forum.com/f12-are-you-stupid-or-something

The members arcade section has far more games and better graphic games!
cecesaun1
cecesaun1
Forumember

Female Posts : 147

Back to top Go down

Post by ejacobus June 18th 2011, 3:24 am

ty does the member section record their scores and post leaders or they have to post their scores to compare?
ejacobus
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by cecesaun1 June 18th 2011, 4:16 am

The members is set up the same way as the guest arcade. You can see who scored what, you can leave a comment in a post...but if you want people to know your score you will have to post it.

That is a great idea though...I wonder if it's possible to set up some kind of leader board?
cecesaun1
cecesaun1
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by ejacobus June 18th 2011, 5:06 am

That's what I'd love to set up some kind of system that has leader boards if possible, but didn't know if that was an option.

Where did you get your games from?
ejacobus
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by cecesaun1 June 18th 2011, 10:12 am

I think you'd have to do some major additions to your css to possibly make that possible and I couldn't help you with that. Sorry. Your best suggestion would be to set up some kind of post for your members so they can just add on their scores as they play the different games. If I am able to figure out a simple system I will post it because it is a great idea.

Even maybe asking one of your moderators if they will take care of your arcade thread and be responsible for making sure the leader board stays up to date would be an option. Just running some thoughts around my head.

I get my games from several spots and I'm getting ready to update them soon. Most of the games tell where they can be located...each and every game. Your best option would be to join the site so you can view the members arcade section.

The only problem with that is I'm experiencing some problems with my site email address because I have to pre approve before you become a member. If you apply for registration and you don't hear back from me in 24 hours...leave me a message here and we will try an alternate action to get you in.

If all else fails...I'm sure we can find another way to help you! Very good
cecesaun1
cecesaun1
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Base June 18th 2011, 3:30 pm

There is a topic on creating a manual arcade here: https://help.forumotion.com/t1471-flash-arcade-v1-for-forumotion-forums

It is not possible to create an automatic arcade with leaderboards and scores etc. Smile
Base
Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ejacobus June 18th 2011, 4:01 pm

Ok ty Base - saves me from bangin my head against wall lookin for ways to make one lmao
ejacobus
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Base June 18th 2011, 7:14 pm

You're welcome. Is this problem solved?
Base
Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathboy9809 June 19th 2011, 9:45 pm

OMG that is cool
Mathboy9809

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathboy9809 June 19th 2011, 9:55 pm

It helped thanks.
Mathboy9809

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathboy9809 June 19th 2011, 9:55 pm

Glad i came on here cuz i wouldn't of known how to do this.
Mathboy9809

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy June 20th 2011, 2:47 am

Arcades WarningPlease avoid double/triple posting. Posts need to be separated by 24 hours before bumping, replying or adding more information. Please use the edit button. Wink

Arcades Solved10Since this thread appears to be solved, I will lock this thread and mark it as solved now.

Important: You can also help the moderators to know if your topic/problem is solved by EDITING your first post and marking the topic as solved. Thank you.

~ Joph25
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down