The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is the Google search better/different than the forumotion search?

3 posters

Go down

Is the Google search better/different than the forumotion search? Empty Is the Google search better/different than the forumotion search?

Post by Diana June 18th 2011, 9:52 pm

What the title says.

The forumotion search engine is rather... crappy so if the Google one is better I'll use that.
Diana
Diana
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1286
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Is the Google search better/different than the forumotion search? Empty Re: Is the Google search better/different than the forumotion search?

Post by sgeorge June 18th 2011, 10:58 pm

Well... I think that both of them can work very fine... I use forumotion's but google is a good solution too !
sgeorge
sgeorge
Forumember

Male Posts : 556
Language : Greek - English

Back to top Go down

Is the Google search better/different than the forumotion search? Empty Re: Is the Google search better/different than the forumotion search?

Post by Diana June 19th 2011, 11:44 am

So are they different or the same?
Diana
Diana
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1286

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 June 19th 2011, 12:58 pm

Hi,

It comes down to your personal opinion.
In terms for searching for a team with less then 4 keywords, the Google search is better, as the internal function can only search for 4 or more words.

The Google one also has been known to be more, relevant to what you want, but not always on your forum, for example, I may "Google" the team "Chatbox error" from the advanced search, or widget, and it wouldn't just redirect me to the Google search, but bring in results from non-forumotion forums.
Where as, the built in search would just simply, blow up and destroy the world because it's less then 4 words long (Not literally Razz )
If I use the term "text alignment with chatbox" the internal function would work better then the Google alternative; it would only bring in selections from THIS forum and not redirect you to the Google search page.

So really, it's a matter of personal opinion, and the length of what your "searching" for Wink
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down