The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

for a beginner, how easy is it to create banners and attach?

3 posters

Go down

for a beginner, how easy is it to create banners and attach? Empty for a beginner, how easy is it to create banners and attach?

Post by twp December 16th 2007, 2:08 am

I would love to make a banner for my site and for other links, I have no clue how to do so...

I am not very technical, but if anyone could suggest a site like *banners for dummies* then I would be really greatful

thanks in advance
twp

Language : english

Back to top Go down

for a beginner, how easy is it to create banners and attach? Empty Re: for a beginner, how easy is it to create banners and attach?

Post by blobbloblob December 16th 2007, 3:51 am

Hopefully you understand what I say...I'm a horrible typer. Confused

Hey, on my forums and sites I used this site: www.cooltext.com and then you can create buttons on this site. And then you add images and stuff to them in paint(the cheapest crappiest program that came with my comp.) Here's my most recent site which I am currently in the process of making to see an example of what i did http://pigs4poker.clictopic.net/index.htm I have to still add my domain and stuff if your wondering. But for all i did for that banner was go to cool text and went to logos created a logo and made it match the skinning of the site. Then i saved it to my comp and opened it up in paint and pasted my image to it centred it and fixed it up puting an orange boarder.

NOTE when using paint if you want to paint something in its best to zoom all the way in.

For the Buttons all you do is click buttons and do everything from there( I didnt use paint for them.)

Another site that is useful to help with everything is photobucket.com. You upload everything there and then get the link of the images and final products and put them onto the site.

I hope you understood everything I said. Im a horrible typer like i said earlier. Confused
blobbloblob
blobbloblob

Male Posts : 6
Language : English

Back to top Go down

for a beginner, how easy is it to create banners and attach? Empty Re: for a beginner, how easy is it to create banners and attach?

Post by twp December 17th 2007, 12:20 am

thanks so much for that, I understood it completely and will give it a try..
twp

Back to top Go down

Post by Skittles December 25th 2007, 4:59 am

there is another website which offers free help to teach you how to create your own graphics. Unfortunately I don't have the programs needed due to lack of space on my computer to learn at this time, sniff. But I have still learned alot there. Maybe they can help you as well. Graphics Playground is their forum. http://www.graphicsplayground.us/Forum/index.php?act=idx I hope it was okay to post that. I am new here, so trying to remember all the rules and stuff.
Skittles
Skittles
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 3013
Language : English, Sarcasm and a bit of Swedish

http://moonlightcafe.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by twp February 4th 2008, 11:14 pm

thanks for the replies..

I have worked out the "technical" part tonight and was furious with myself how easy it was to link a picture or graphic to another site to create the link..

its just the same as you would do for text, ie highlight and create the link...
twp

Back to top Go down