The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
2 posters

Forum Index Coding to match HTML Page

Lyzelle

Language : English

Solved Forum Index Coding to match HTML Page

Post by Lyzelle September 21st 2011, 4:30 am

This is my forum now. Roughly. xxx

But I want it to look like this: xxx (Looks so much cleaner, in my opinion).

The issue is, HTML pages are only that - pages.
    Is there a way to get this look globally through the CSS and Javascript? I try and try, but the "bodyline" keeps messing me up. It's stuck all the way at the top of the page. If I put the background in the bodyline and use padding codes, I can't seem to change the width of the bodyline to fit the background. Or any kind of alignment. Or transparency.

Is there a glaring obvious code I missed? Or is it just impossible? Because this seems too simple.

UPDATE:
    FIXED. But I decided to update with my results in case anyone else was having this issue.

After many hours of fiddling, I finally got everything to match up. I gave up on transporting my forum index to the HTML and focused primarily on getting my index to match the look of my HTML page. I went to Javascript and deleted the Generated Nav Bar in the Overall Header. The bar was giving me size/alignment problems, and I will provide my own links in a different coding in Site Description anyway. Then I spent forever doing math in the forum's basic CSS so the body background and the bodyline background matched. This is the BIGGEST part. Everything you do in the Body, Bodyline, and Forumline HAVE to match, and the numbers won't be the same. The Forumline alignment isn't perfect yet, but I have a feeling now that body/bodyline is lined up, it won't be such a problem.

Code:
    body {
       background-color: #000000;
       background-image: url("imgURL");
            background-position: 50%;
       background-attachment: fixed;

Code:
    .bodyline{
        background-color: #000000;
            background-image: url("imgURL");
            background-position: center top;
            background-repeat: no-repeat;
            padding-top: 400px;
            padding-left: 150px
       }
    .bodylinewidth {
       width:814px;}

It looks SO simple, but it was such a headache for apparently no reason what so ever.
    Even though I didn't get any help with this, thanks for the 70+ views anyway!

Forum Link:
    My Forumotion
    HTML Page:
    The HTML Page

Last edited by Sanket on September 22nd 2011, 6:53 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Problem Resolved)
    Lyzelle

Solved Re: Forum Index Coding to match HTML Page

Post by Lyzelle September 22nd 2011, 3:13 am

I was able to solve the issue myself. I updated the OP just in case anyone else was having this problem.
    Sanket
    Sanket
    ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Solved Re: Forum Index Coding to match HTML Page

Post by Sanket September 22nd 2011, 6:53 am

Appreciate you posting the solution here Smile
    Since this thread appears to be solved, I will lock this thread and mark it as solved.
    Forum Index Coding to match HTML Page 2j4t5a8

Sanket Smile

Current date/time is September 22nd 2024, 6:23 pm