Domain has been bought by someone else! Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
3 posters

Domain has been bought by someone else!

domainp

Solved Domain has been bought by someone else!

Post by domainp October 4th 2011, 8:27 pm

Hi, my forumotion domain has been bought by someone else without my consent, I did not even get told my domain is going to be up for purchase if I don't renew it! Also Forumotion did not send me any e-mail about the domain, Nor did they tell me I must renew the domain in order to keep it or it will be gone. I brought the Domain through Forumotion, so I thought Forumotion owns it too.

Is there anyway I can get my domain name back? Sad

http://www.forbiddenhorror.com/
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51498
    Language : English

Solved Re: Domain has been bought by someone else!

Post by SLGray October 4th 2011, 8:36 pm

There should have been an notice in your administration panel that you had 60 days before your domain expired to renew it.

Domain has been bought by someone else! Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.
    shuhan

Language : english

Post by shuhan October 4th 2011, 9:36 pm

edit

Last edited by shuhan on October 5th 2011, 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest October 4th 2011, 10:20 pm

slg wrote:There should have been an notice in your administration panel that you had 60 days before your domain expired to renew it.

There was, even after the 60 days I still had the option to renew the domain. But now I find out its been taken by someone else.

I want my domain back.

Post by Guest October 4th 2011, 11:24 pm

Rideem3 wrote:Unfortunately, you can't get it back. Someone legally purchased it, and since you didn't respond within those 60 days, you lost it.

But I never got told that my domain is going to be up for purchase if I don't renew it! If it did I would have renewed it ASAP!

Forumotion said to me I can renew my domain when I want, On the admin panel of the forum. Also it did not anywhere mention that I can lose it if I don't renew it. I did even get any e-mails concerning the domain.
    MrMario
    MrMario
    Helper
    Helper

Male Posts : 22186
    Language : test

Post by MrMario October 4th 2011, 11:29 pm

In the domain world you lose it. They aren't going to keep it for you if you don't pay. No email will be sent, only a message in the admin panel. If its taken by someone else its gone. Sorry.
    shuhan

Post by shuhan October 5th 2011, 5:46 pm

Rideem3 wrote:They don't have to tell you that it will be up for purchase if you don't renew it. If what you paid for expires without renewal before hand, it's legally anyone's to obtain.

You can renew whenever you want, but within those 60 days.

I still had the option to renew my domain even after 60 days.

MrMario wrote:In the domain world you lose it. They aren't going to keep it for you if you don't pay. No email will be sent, only a message in the admin panel. If its taken by someone else its gone. Sorry.

It did not mention anywhere that my domain can be purchased by someone else.

Also Why was my new acount "Shuhan1" that I created yesterday deleted. Now my posts apper as Guest... I told you to delete my old account which is this one "Shuhan". I forgot my password for this account because it is 3 years old, so first I had to find the e-mail address I was using for this account then later I recovered it using forgot password. So the topic opener is Me (Shuhan1) but the staff decided to delete my new account instead of the old one.......

Anyway, it says the domain might be up for sale? Can I talk to the person who manages the forumotion domains?

MrMario
    MrMario
    Helper
    Helper

Post by MrMario October 5th 2011, 9:08 pm

Doesn't need to be explained. Its just like buying a car if there are two buyers and one of them in willing to buy it now and the other is waiting to make a deal they are going to go with the person who will pay now they aren't going to wait and be like how let me keep it for them just in case. NO the company is the make money!

I deleted the account by mistake. Sorry!

By looking into the domain its registered by a company already which case domain is gone.
    shuhan

Post by shuhan October 6th 2011, 9:21 pm

MrMario wrote:

oh, okay then.

MrMario wrote:Doesn't need to be explained. Its just like buying a car if there are two buyers and one of them in willing to buy it now and the other is waiting to make a deal they are going to go with the person who will pay now they aren't going to wait and be like how let me keep it for them just in case. NO the company is the make money!

By looking into the domain its registered by a company already which case domain is gone.

I know that, I'm upset because I thought Forumotion still own the domain after it expires. There was no mention of it anywhere that my Domain can be taken after it expires. Anyway, thanks for the help.
    MrMario
    MrMario
    Helper
    Helper

Post by MrMario October 6th 2011, 11:27 pm

That is with all host not just Forumotion.