The forum of the forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The forum of the forums
+2
!_NICK_!
Shiny_Darkrai
6 posters

How Do I Deal With a Proxy Server?

Shiny_Darkrai
    Shiny_Darkrai
    Forumember

Male Posts : 68
    Language : English

Solved How Do I Deal With a Proxy Server?

Post by Shiny_Darkrai October 20th 2011, 8:34 am

Hello, Nightmare from Pokemon World talking here. I am an admin there, though not the head. We're having problems with this guy. He keeps using proxy servers to avoid bans. He spam-ed the site up a couple of days ago. He happens to be a member kinda known for this. Our admins were kind enough to forgive him like eight times, I think this is the 9th time, his nine lives are over lol. Well, we're not forgiving him this time. The head talked him to leaving but each and every time he comes back and does the same thing (so far, at least.) He has this proxy server which he uses to avoid bans and keep spam-ing. I need a way to get rid of him. If you need a link to the forum, for any occasion, it's here:
    http://www.pokemonworldrpg.net/
    !_NICK_!
    !_NICK_!
    Active Poster

Male Posts : 1505
    Language : English, HTML, and CSS

Solved Re: How Do I Deal With a Proxy Server?

Post by !_NICK_! October 20th 2011, 8:36 am

Hello, there is nothing Forumotion can do about this nor will do, sorry.

You will just have to keep banning his IP Address.
    ElMuggs
    ElMuggs
    Forumember

Language : CSS / HTML / BBcode / Javascript / Graphics and Tech Support yeech..

Post by ElMuggs October 25th 2011, 4:01 am

You can also try banning him by name or email address. It might slow him down a bit faster.

Unfortunately the power of proxies is that it's just about impossible to stop people from using them.
    Empire_1
    Empire_1
    Active Poster

Male Posts : 1391
    Language : English, Spanish, Mandarin, C++

Post by Empire_1 October 26th 2011, 4:17 am

Shiny_Darkrai wrote:Hello, Nightmare from Pokemon World talking here. I am an admin there, though not the head. We're having problems with this guy. He keeps using proxy servers to avoid bans. He spam-ed the site up a couple of days ago. He happens to be a member kinda known for this. Our admins were kind enough to forgive him like eight times, I think this is the 9th time, his nine lives are over lol. Well, we're not forgiving him this time. The head talked him to leaving but each and every time he comes back and does the same thing (so far, at least.) He has this proxy server which he uses to avoid bans and keep spam-ing. I need a way to get rid of him. If you need a link to the forum, for any occasion, it's here:
    http://www.pokemonworldrpg.net/

Hi, keep banning IPs aren't going to work very wall. Your best options are:

1) Allow admin approval only for membership
    This way you can personally select which members who register can have their accounts activated.

2) Hire many staff members to moderate the spam

Your best option might be #1, however Wink
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 19325
    Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

Post by Ape October 26th 2011, 1:53 pm

Hi Shiny_Darkrai

As a lot of the other members have said there is not a lot you can do about this little problem,
    But you can warn the member that you will report them to he's / her IPS (Internet service provider)
    I found this some times works as they Don't want to be removed from the internet,

If you can get any info about this member like the ip address he / she has used and dates this will help if you want to Email them this helps to make a report about them.

I have made a report about a member on BT before and i got An Email back saying that he has been reported about other problem so i helped them in a matter that was on going.

but ip and Email ban is the best way around it as he/she will have to keep making a new Email Account to get on your site

Also as some one else said make sure your new accounts are ok'ed by the admins for a bit this way you can stop him in hes tracks.

Hope this was of some more help

Ape Neutral
    Shiny_Darkrai
    Shiny_Darkrai
    Forumember

Male Posts : 68

Post by Shiny_Darkrai October 27th 2011, 11:08 am

Thanks, I'll contact the other staff members regarding this, thanks a lot for the options, we really appreciate it! Very Happy
    Sanket
    Sanket
    ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Post by Sanket October 27th 2011, 2:21 pm

Since this thread appears to be solved, I will archive this thread.
    How Do I Deal With a Proxy Server? 2j4t5a8

Sanket Smile

Current date/time is September 23rd 2024, 5:21 am