The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FTP client

5 posters

Go down

FTP client Empty FTP client

Post by donconstantino November 4th 2011, 8:43 pm

Hi there!

i need to connect to the server using an FTP client(eg FileZilla) but i dont know the domain name,username and password.

Can you help me with this?

Thanks in advance!
donconstantino
Forumember

Language : greek-english

Back to top Go down

FTP client Empty Re: FTP client

Post by LGforum November 4th 2011, 8:48 pm

Sorry, no can do.

You cannot connect and access root folder and such likes. No files can be added to the server other than by creating them using the admin panel.
LGforum
LGforum
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2265
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Latinosvet November 6th 2011, 8:50 am

I think that it can not. Crying or Very sad
Latinosvet
Latinosvet
Forumember

Male Posts : 43
Language : Serbian

http://www.latinosvet.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TG-Forums November 6th 2011, 9:09 am

other sites have widgets that allow this.. like blogspot or blogger or w.e the google one is lets you add an ftp widget.. I'm sure there are plenty of third party ftp widgets.. post ur findings tho, I'd be interested in this..
TG-Forums

Back to top Go down

Post by WeezyFBaby November 6th 2011, 2:50 pm

TG-Forums wrote:other sites have widgets that allow this.. like blogspot or blogger or w.e the google one is lets you add an ftp widget.. I'm sure there are plenty of third party ftp widgets.. post ur findings tho, I'd be interested in this..

Sorry, But i think LGForum is right. Forumotion doesn't have that FTP client service enabled on the hosting.. No, Widget can be FTP enabled atleast i think so. Maybe in the future it will be available Smile

-WeezyFBaby
WeezyFBaby
WeezyFBaby
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by LGforum November 6th 2011, 4:31 pm

What's an FTP widget?

FTP is file transfer protocol. The ability to transfer files from computer to server.
So what is an FTP widget? Lol
LGforum
LGforum
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2265

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 6th 2011, 6:51 pm

Sorry guys, FTP will NEVER be available on a free forumotion/forumactif forum. Access to the file system is not possible on mirrored forums, which means you aren't going to get FTP access on any free forum. I'm aware of one free forum host that offers a "premium" product that isn't mirrored (meaning, FTP is available), but it costs the same as any other paid hosting service.

Back to top Go down

Post by TG-Forums November 6th 2011, 11:11 pm

can't you use custom scripts to make this possible? I understand that having custom scripts will not let you host files and or a make webserver appear, but there are free webservers, and an online database can link to them, showing the files stored on the server, and the web address to download them at... or something.. if I wanted to create a script like this, that did not change the appearance of the page, where would I insert the code? and what language would it be in? Can I make a custom widget? or a DIV that will hold this information, or what?
TG-Forums

Back to top Go down