The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My user names are being cut off to 9 characters

2 posters

Go down

My user names are being cut off to 9 characters Empty My user names are being cut off to 9 characters

Post by bajanpatriots December 25th 2007, 10:40 pm

The users on my forum are having their user names cut off when the post is displayed.

For example, someone called 900 lb Gorilliphant is having his name shown as 900 lb Go.

How can I fix this?
bajanpatriots

Language : English

Back to top Go down

My user names are being cut off to 9 characters Empty Re: My user names are being cut off to 9 characters

Post by Luky December 25th 2007, 10:56 pm

Sorry but I tried using the same username and it appeared, the full name: 900 lb Gorilliphant
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down

My user names are being cut off to 9 characters Empty Re: My user names are being cut off to 9 characters

Post by bajanpatriots December 25th 2007, 11:21 pm

Thanks Luky,

Could you try it on my forum?

bajanpatriots.forumotion.com

I am using version phpBB3.
bajanpatriots

Back to top Go down

Post by Luky December 25th 2007, 11:22 pm

Well I can't try it on your forum since I am not the admin there. I tried it on my forum by changing the name of a member of mine to 900 lb Gorilliphant and it showed up the complete name.
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by bajanpatriots December 25th 2007, 11:32 pm

Luky,

I'm not sure if that is the same as what I am trying to get resolved.

My forum allows unregistered users to post. You don't have to be an admin to post on my forum.

I think the problem is happening for the registered ones too.

I just tried it again and the same thing is happening.

:-(
bajanpatriots

Back to top Go down

Post by Luky December 25th 2007, 11:39 pm

Well yes, You don't have to be an admin to post, just a regular member but you have to be an admin to change the name of a registered member( I changed that to test and see if I have the same problem that you have) but it worked perfect for me, the whole name appeared. Try changing the name of that member but you should first get his consent since if you change it and don;t tell him he will never be able to login since he will get the "username or password don't match" message.
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by bajanpatriots December 25th 2007, 11:44 pm

Luky,

Sorry, but you have misunderstood me.

I don't have ANY registered users at all (except for some test ones I created and later deleted). The problem I am getting is not with changing anyone's name. It is that when users make a post, they are allowed to type in any name they want, but when the post appears, the name is cut to the first 9 characters.
bajanpatriots

Back to top Go down

Post by Luky December 25th 2007, 11:47 pm

Well that might happen because they are only guests. If they would register on your forum this problem will disappear.
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Back to top Go down