The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installing Intense Debate?

4 posters

Go down

In progress Installing Intense Debate?

Post by 525055 November 14th 2011, 5:24 am

Hello members of Forumotion! I am here to pose a simple question: is it possible to install Intense Debate to a Forumotion forum? And if so, may I further ask how? Thanks for the responses.

Intense Debate Main Page

Male Posts : 3
Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Installing Intense Debate?

Post by Base November 14th 2011, 6:07 pm

Hi!

I am not completely sure on what Intense Debate is, but let me tell you now that it's not possible to install any modifications as you don't have access to the Forumotion database. Smile
Base
Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk November 15th 2011, 6:22 am

Actually i think you may be able to use it.
It seems when you register they provide a custom java code to implement to your site,

since you are using phpbb3, i guess you would have to add the code to your java page management, then there is also another code you have to add and follow step three,

You will see it all when you click the install options, you just choose generic platform, add your forums url then follow the rest of the steps.

This kind of looks cool, but of course it will have to be tested to make sure it's all working properly, then you have to be sure it's going to look right for where you have it. so may be having these on html pages would be more piratical and easier to manage, but once again i would have to mess with it first and test it.

So give it a shot, and i will do the same.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 15th 2011, 6:25 am

What I don't understand is, this Wordpress add-on basically creates a phpBB3-like forum inside Wordpress...so why do you even need it? You have a forum already!

Back to top Go down

Post by !_NICK_! November 15th 2011, 6:54 am

Yes. It works. I have tried it out and everything for me worked!
!_NICK_!
!_NICK_!
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1505
Language : English, HTML, and CSS

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk November 15th 2011, 6:57 am

dion wrote:What I don't understand is, this Wordpress add-on basically creates a phpBB3-like forum inside Wordpress...so why do you even need it? You have a forum already!

yeah i dont know?
Here are some of the features,
http://intensedebate.com/features

I was messing with some of the other stuff and all seems to work fine.
Of course i didn't get to play around with much of it yet, and there will have to be some modfiactions for colors and appearances.

I honestly think this would best to use on html pages, but i just did not play around with it enough yet to see what the full potential can be.

That being said, it dose seem to be working fine, but will take me a couple days to understand what would be best to use,and where to implement it, So yeah not sure if i would have the need to use it on the forum, but could be promising for html pages.. But thats just me.

I will mess with it more over the weekend when i have the time,

Other then that, seems pretty straight forward and very easy directions for anyone to use/set up.

So thats good for those that may not know a lot about coding and stuff.

kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down